The Student Room Group

Comp Sci project unit 3 OCR help

For my project I'm making an action rpg game that's a mix of Mario and pokemon, but I'm not sure what real life problem can solve. Can anyone give me some ideas please?
You're probably over-thinking this. What criteria are you trying to meet in the mark scheme? Games are quite common for the A-Level project, and unless it's an educational game or something, they often don't solve a real-world problem since they're a form of art and interactive entertainment, so I would frame it in those terms perhaps.

But just like any other software, games still have individual features with problems to solve in terms of making things work and meeting a user's expectations. So your 'problem'(s) to solve are going to be about the features of the game instead.

The features of a game are the things which affect the user somehow - particularly the rules of the game, or something they interact with visually, including the UI or commands, or some kind of audio/visual feedback from the game, or something about their identity/profile/etc, essentially boil down to one or more objectives which feed in to your success criteria (and they're similar in a lot of ways to simulations too being that they often take concepts which are loosely based on the real-world; such as achievement, failure, progression, etc.).
Reply 2
Original post by winterscoming
You're probably over-thinking this. What criteria are you trying to meet in the mark scheme? Games are quite common for the A-Level project, and unless it's an educational game or something, they often don't solve a real-world problem since they're a form of art and interactive entertainment, so I would frame it in those terms perhaps.

But just like any other software, games still have individual features with problems to solve in terms of making things work and meeting a user's expectations. So your 'problem'(s) to solve are going to be about the features of the game instead.

The features of a game are the things which affect the user somehow - particularly the rules of the game, or something they interact with visually, including the UI or commands, or some kind of audio/visual feedback from the game, or something about their identity/profile/etc, essentially boil down to one or more objectives which feed in to your success criteria (and they're similar in a lot of ways to simulations too being that they often take concepts which are loosely based on the real-world; such as achievement, failure, progression, etc.).

Ah okay I thought I had to identify one problem. Thank you so much this is so helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending