[Exam Cram 2019] GCSE English Language // Non-fiction writing Watch

RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:rave: Welcome to Exam Cram 2019! :rave:

The theme for Monday is English :woo:

This thread is for GCSE English Language, more specifically for Non-fiction writing, which appears to be quite common amongst most exam boards. They’re generally around blog, article and letter writing. :yep:

I’ll be on TSR for most of the day today, replying to any questions you might have about the non-fiction writing segment, plus any questions you might have around English Language also. There will be a second thread on the creative writing writing segment too, which I’ll leave a link to here.

Keep in mind I’m also a fellow GCSE candidate, so I’m definitely not a pro by any means, I’m just an English Lit/Lang nerd hehe. There’s definitely some TSR English geniuses lurking around the site though, so I’m sure they’ll make an appearance.

Also on this thread, I’ll be making a massive list of tips, made by you and for you on how to tackle the question. So, if you have any up your sleeves, whether you’re a GCSE student yourself or older, spill all on this thread and I will edit the post below with ways to gain top marks in the non-fiction writing segment. :five:

Make sure to stick around for the rest of Exam Cram 2019 , because there’ll be more threads going up for the rest of this week for other subjects, including GCSE and A-Level, plus there’ll be some advice from the exam boards too! :crazy:

Happy revising, everyone! :excited:

Razzz :heart:
Last edited by RazzzBerries; 1 month ago
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
The list
Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do I get a solid 5 in both papers. I really need help on creative writing as my teacher cannot teach anything. My teacher is actually a cover/training teacher. In class I told my class quotes for English Lit and she never knew them until I told them. Please help.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pro Gamer 2003)
How do I get a solid 5 in both papers. I really need help on creative writing as my teacher cannot teach anything. My teacher is actually a cover/training teacher. In class I told my class quotes for English Lit and she never knew them until I told them. Please help.
Hiya, the thread on creative writing is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5969766
Nibblet27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do I remember how I should address letters and then how that relates to the line at the bottom. Like yours sincerely or yours truly and all that? Is there a rule or can I do it how I want?
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nibblet27)
How do I remember how I should address letters and then how that relates to the line at the bottom. Like yours sincerely or yours truly and all that? Is there a rule or can I do it how I want?
Yours faithfully = You don't know the person OR the name (Dear Sir/Madam)
Yours sincerely = You don't know the person but you DO know the name (Dear Mr Woods)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads