user20031516
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

This is a topic that I know relies heavily on opinion, and there is no right answer, but it's been on my mind and I wanted to see how other people felt as they might be in the same boat.

I want to study law and eventually, of course, work in it, but can't decide the "best" route - to work through an apprenticeship or years at university.

Negatives of attending university - the fact of the debt, the fact I might not get into university at all (this is a stupid reason tbh but it's still up there), and I don't really know if I want to spend 3+ years in higher education if I'm not even sure there'll be a job at the end of it.

Negatives of an apprenticeship - potentially less respect from those with Proper Degrees, it's a path I never see taken, will I ever actually become a person of power in law... it seems riskier.

It's such a minefield and I genuinely have no clue. I've got a lottt of time to decide, but want to know where I'm going as I'm hugely a forward planner.

What do you think are the positives and negatives of these two options? Any (kind) opinions you have, I'd love to hear. Just chat if you feel inclined!

Thank youuuu
jmidland7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think one thing you need to consider is the amount of people who are coming out of uni without any experience. A degree apprenticeship will have ur foot already in the door with experience and most companies tend to offer u a job at the end
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads