The Student Room Group

mcdonald’s how long until i hear about my shift?

how long until I hear about whether my shift is approved or not? it’s my first shift and i had my welcome meeting yesterday, and what will it entail if on my schedule it says orders (COD)?
Original post by mapuffle
how long until I hear about whether my shift is approved or not? it’s my first shift and i had my welcome meeting yesterday, and what will it entail if on my schedule it says orders (COD)?

I've not worked for McDonald's, so I can't guarantee this is correct, but I believe Orders (COD) means taking orders on the Drive-Thru :smile:

Do you know when your first shift is supposed to be? And did they give you a timeframe as to when it might be approved?
Reply 2
Oh ok I see, I assume I will need training for that? Or can I learn from watching someone else? Idek.

It wasn't clear to me but I have exams until the 19th so I presume I will be able to start then? I did ask if I could do a couple of hours before they start but it also wasn't clear to me what the answer to that was.
Original post by shadowdweller
I've not worked for McDonald's, so I can't guarantee this is correct, but I believe Orders (COD) means taking orders on the Drive-Thru :smile:

Do you know when your first shift is supposed to be? And did they give you a timeframe as to when it might be approved?
Original post by mapuffle
Oh ok I see, I assume I will need training for that? Or can I learn from watching someone else? Idek.

It wasn't clear to me but I have exams until the 19th so I presume I will be able to start then? I did ask if I could do a couple of hours before they start but it also wasn't clear to me what the answer to that was.

I'm not sure, I'm afraid - I would assume that they will give you training or set you to work with someone with more experience though! :smile:

If you're not sure when you're starting, your best bet would be to get in contact with them and ask, at least in my view! :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending