The Student Room Group

IGCSE Additional Mathematics Revision!

Scroll to see replies

@arianasamantha
20190530_201912.jpg
I hope it's clear. My phone is damn slow and my handwriting is terrible and my photo skills are such as one may not speak of.
This sums up what I do. Looks like we're very similar.
Original post by Ryuvision
I'm only going through the questions on the topic that I have speculated to come up in the next paper.

This is what I did today.
IMG_8879.jpg

Don't kick yourself too much dude I think you're just tired. But aren't we all.
Get lots of rest and good luck tomorrow. Imma put down maths and get some sleep.
@arianasamantha remember the thing with twins is to remember that they will always be distinguishable unles the question is about looks and identical twins pop up there. You see, Cambridge will never commit human rights violations unless it's about mincing our brains!
Original post by theo_
@arianasamantha
20190530_201912.jpg
I hope it's clear. My phone is damn slow and my handwriting is terrible and my photo skills are such as one may not speak of.
It didnt come up, which is why im revising them cuz im 100 % sure they'll come up
Did perms/combs come up in your variant of paper 1? If yes then don't worry about it, since I am 100% that topic won't come up in the next paper.
But if I were to be helpful I really can't answer your question since I don't understand it myself. Soz.
Thank you so much!! its way clearer than my teacher's explanation xx
Original post by theo_
@arianasamantha
20190530_201912.jpg
Reply 65
Original post by arianasamantha
It didnt come up, which is why im revising them cuz im 100 % sure they'll come up

Oh crap sorry then. So you really cannot trust CIE cause each variant are not even close to vaguely similar. Good luck!!! Also any other questions aside from perms/combs I am happy to explain 😄
No probs!
Thank you so much!! its way clearer than my teacher's explanation xx
do you think there'll be vectors again? im hopeless at vectors but idk if i should study it just in case?
Reply 68
Original post by kim49159
do you think there'll be vectors again? im hopeless at vectors but idk if i should study it just in case?

Nobody knows dude! Crossing my fingers there aren’t any more! But there will probably be the diagram, so Im bracing myself for it.
Hi everybody
For people taking the 12 variant,
what did you guys get for the functions question.
@Ryuvision It will be great if you can post the correct answer !
And you were right.
Nobody knows dude! Crossing my fingers there aren’t any more! But there will probably be the diagram, so Im bracing myself for it.
Reply 71
Original post by theo_
Hi everybody
For people taking the 12 variant,
what did you guys get for the functions question.
@Ryuvision It will be great if you can post the correct answer !

I’m enjoying the end of maths right now, so I’ll probably post it later tonight. Gonna need the full question too though, so unless you or me happen to remember, I’ll only be able to give vague solutions from memory.

I thought today’s paper was so much easier than the last one!

Any questions you wanna know I’ll post later tonight.
Gg for Add Maths.
Cya for now
Haha I'm planning on majoring in math so this isn't the end of math. However next week---boring exams! (the exclamation point seems pretty oxymoronic)
what ccame up in ur paper?
Reply 74
what ccame up in ur paper?

All of the topics I've listed earlier, but surprisingly no graph sketching.
Reply 75
Original post by theo_
Haha I'm planning on majoring in math so this isn't the end of math. However next week---boring exams! (the exclamation point seems pretty oxymoronic)

Oh nice! I like maths and I'm doing it for A-level, but not doing Further Maths though. What I meant was the end of the endless Add Maths papers I've had to work on (seriously, I finished all the 2014, 2015, and 2018 papers; actually worked my way from a C in my mocks to A-A* predicted)

Are you doing Further Maths for A-level?
I don't think I will be taking a levels.
Our school didn't offer add math and it doesn't offer further math in a levels either. I'd have Actually liked to do further math and a levels lol.
Oh nice! I like maths and I'm doing it for A-level, but not doing Further Maths though. What I meant was the end of the endless Add Maths papers I've had to work on (seriously, I finished all the 2014, 2015, and 2018 papers; actually worked my way from a C in my mocks to A-A* predicted)

Are you doing Further Maths for A-level?
Reply 77
Original post by theo_
I don't think I will be taking a levels.
Our school didn't offer add math and it doesn't offer further math in a levels either. I'd have Actually liked to do further math and a levels lol.

Oh. Do you do other IGCSEs though? It's unusual if your school offers IGCSEs but not A-levels?
No, our school/offers a level however they don't offer further math. And I do geo, history English , global perspectives and all sciences.
Only add math my school doesn't offer so I took it up myself.
Oh. Do you do other IGCSEs though? It's unusual if your school offers IGCSEs but not A-levels?
Reply 79
Original post by theo_
No, our school/offers a level however they don't offer further math. And I do geo, history English , global perspectives and all sciences.
Only add math my school doesn't offer so I took it up myself.

Wow! You really do seem to have a passion in the subject. At first I was hugely regretting being in set 1 maths and having to do this hard course (so I was actually kind of forced into doing it), but then I got a C in my mocks (i got 76 marks out of 160), and I was like ah crap no way in hell that's gonna appear in my results certificate lol. And here I am.

It's a shame your school doesn't offer Further Maths though. I think it would help a whole lot in pursuing your maths degree. Also it'd probably be quite boring for you too since you've breezed through Add Maths, which kind of covers AS Maths already.

Quick Reply

Latest