What phone should I get? :) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am going to start college in the uk as an international student. I want to purchase a phone. Should I buy it in the uk or from outside the uk? Any suggestions about what phones and models are suitable to use in the uk are welcome!
Rid The Kid
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
depends, just look out for fake phones.

any phone is good. but if you get samsung, prepare to be cussed out by salty iphone users.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am going to start college in the uk as an international student. I want to purchase a phone. Should I buy it in the uk or from outside the uk? Any suggestions about what phones and models are suitable to use in the uk are welcome!
Wrong forum. Why relationship forum? Why anon?!

What's your budget? Would you like a top-of-the-range or one that just works? Which country are you from?

A lot of phones simply work internationally. It would be more of a problem if you want to take a phone to the US as they use different frequencies.
anjali.banga
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Buy it in the UK because the charging plug will be English if you but it elsewhere the you will need an adaptor as well. And on the phone matter look what suits you as a person look for some reviews of phones and how much you want to spend on the phone. I have personally witnessed many people using advanced phones but also old fashioned once (e.g. Nokia's). I would advice you to get a phone which you can also use in classes as I have classes where I have to use my phone to research materials as not all teachers allow laptops to be used but they allow phones.

I personally have an iPhone 7 plus.

In addition, at college there is less judgement on materials you own, it mostly in secondary schools where the most judgement happens.
Last edited by anjali.banga; 4 weeks ago
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have a oneplus6 and its pretty good , gets a bit hot randomly once a month tho

ps if you get android you can get ''youtube vaned" which is youtube without ADS ever and background play for free without root/void warranty

Last edited by ForestShadow; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rid The Kid)
depends, just look out for fake phones.

any phone is good. but if you get samsung, prepare to be cussed out by salty iphone users.
Okk
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Okk
i was joking about that, just get a decent, cheap if you're on a budget and reliable phone
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Wrong forum. Why relationship forum? Why anon?!

What's your budget? Would you like a top-of-the-range or one that just works? Which country are you from?

A lot of phones simply work internationally. It would be more of a problem if you want to take a phone to the US as they use different frequencies.
Sorry.
One that works, not iPhones but of a generally good quality that shall last long.
India
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anjali.banga)
Buy it in the UK because the charging plug will be English if you but it elsewhere the you will need an adaptor as well. And on the phone matter look what suits you as a person look for some reviews of phones and how much you want to spend on the phone. I have personally witnessed many people using advanced phones but also old fashioned once (e.g. Nokia's). I would advice you to get a phone which you can also use in classes as I have classes where I have to use my phone to research materials as not all teachers allow laptops to be used but they allow phones.

I personally have an iPhone 7 plus.

In addition, at college there is less judgement on materials you own, it mostly in secondary schools where the most judgement happens.
Thanks!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry.
One that works, not iPhones but of a generally good quality that shall last long.
India
Check the power plug as mentioned.

A phone in the UK can be more expensive due to VAT (don't know about the Indian tax system).

Xiaomi would be a good bet, whether you want to buy one from India or the UK.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ForestShadow)
I have a oneplus6 and its pretty good , gets a bit hot randomly once a month tho

ps if you get android you can get ''youtube vaned" which is youtube without ADS ever and background play for free without root/void warranty

Thanks so much
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks so much
of course android varies a lot to apple, I think thats what you want to choose first, what Operating System you prefer

then you can piroritise what else is most important to you

eg battery life, gaming, camera , contactless payment, SD card etc
anjali.banga
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
India has some very good phones which are better than some Samsungs and iPhones and they are cheap as well.

Look for brands like oppo and vivo I heard they are very good. But the new google pixel is also good. It depends on your taste, if you give importance to how long it last, brand, reliability, cost, quality and different functions, etc.

Sorry.
India
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (131)
72.78%
Jeremy Hunt (49)
27.22%

Watched Threads