AnythingWorks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What does it mean to have "communication that is subtle and perceptive." I have seen it many times in the mark scheme but I cant seem to understand it.
Also what does Coherency and cohesion mean in a story?
LevitatingScot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coherency and cohesion literally means the piece holds together well. Essentially everything fits and is linked together well enough, nothing feels out of place. As for "subtle and perceptive" basically all the mark scheme is asking for is quality writing, particularly that you aren't just stating the obvious or picking out the easy parts but actually have some insight into the piece (perceptive) and that you can express that in an eloquent way - not just listing the methods used but putting it together into a good essay that's actually interesting and enjoyable to read. Thats the subtle bit
AnythingWorks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks! But I still dont get some parts of it. I get the coherency and cohesion and can now check for it. But the perceptive and subtle part is still a bit hard to check for. Any advice on how I can recheck my story for the subtle and perceptive part?
GiveMeCoffee4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
'Subtle and perceptive' basically means that you want to wow the examiner - tell them something new about the text. Tell them something interesting about that simile that they may not have heard about, even if it sounds slightly ridiculous. If it goes against your line of argument, simply acknowledge it, then explain why you disagree with that interpretation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (21)
21.88%
Unhappy (28)
29.17%
Conflicted (47)
48.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed