Decorating rooms in uni halls Watch

rachelgehler
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m going to uni next year and I was just wondering what sort of things people to do decorate their rooms as I don’t want to appear really extra.
Do you know if people put frames up if they can find a way to do so without damaging the walls?
Also finally a bit unrelated but what sort of pyjamas do both boys and girls wear around halls during the night?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by rachelgehler; 4 weeks ago
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rachelgehler)
Hi I’m going to uni next year and I was just wondering what sort of things people to do decorate their rooms as I don’t want to appear really extra.
Do you know if people put frames up if they can find a way to do so without damaging the walls?
Also finally a bit unrelated but what sort of pyjamas do both boys and girls wear around halls during the night?
you can get stick on dots for walls that aren't as bad as blutack . As long as you don't walk round naked or barely dressed, just wear whatever you like its your home after all.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Surely if you are leaving your room you should be dressed? Or at least have a dressing gown.
rachelgehler
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Surely if you are leaving your room you should be dressed? Or at least have a dressing gown.
But say you need to go toilet or something or a fire alarm? So it’s a big no no to walk in the corridor in pyjamas?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Generally it's best to avoid sticking anything to the painted walls of halls rooms, as blue tack and command strips can cause paint removal/grease marks even if you're really careful when removing them. You'll get a pin board to use, so I would recommend just using that.

People tend to wear dressing gowns when they leave their rooms at night, or put hoodies/jumpers over their pyjamas.
TheShieldNewcastle
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

Here at The Shield, we allow our students to hang things using command strips. They are quite cheap and use velcro to attach frames etc to your wall which leaves no damage. A lot of our students buy soft furnishings like blankets, throws, rugs, cushions and then cover their room in fairy lights! If you have a pin board (you'll find they don't often come in nice colours), you can cover it with a sheet of coloured material so you can make the space your own.

We can only speak for our students, but they wear anything that is comfortable! Whether that be PJ's, their partners clothing or joggers and hoodies - as long as its comfortable, they will wear it around the halls.

Hope this helps!

Christy
The Shield Student Accommodation - Newcastle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads