Aston University Psychology (BSc) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've applied for Psychology (BSc) full time. My Entry grades are BBB. If i get BCC would Aston still accept me? Are they lenient with grades?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've applied for Psychology (BSc) full time. My Entry grades are BBB. If i get BCC would Aston still accept me? Are they lenient with grades?
Hi,

There is, like most universities, some leniency in our entry requirements. However the amount vastly differs on a number of factors unique to each course, such as: Number of applicants, the grades those applicants are holding, number of spaces on the course, teaching spaces, availability of teaching staff, course funding etc.

Several years ago I had an offer for Psychology here at ABB and secured a place with BBB. The best advice I can give you, is just to keep your head down and try your absolute best in your upcoming exams, then try to enjoy the summer the best you can.

Good luck
Josh
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you soo much.
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi,

There is, like most universities, some leniency in our entry requirements. However the amount vastly differs on a number of factors unique to each course, such as: Number of applicants, the grades those applicants are holding, number of spaces on the course, teaching spaces, availability of teaching staff, course funding etc.

Several years ago I had an offer for Psychology here at ABB and secured a place with BBB. The best advice I can give you, is just to keep your head down and try your absolute best in your upcoming exams, then try to enjoy the summer the best you can.

Good luck
Josh
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
It's a possibility. A lot of people do get in on this course below ABB. However, they only accept a small number of students with grades significantly lower.

According to this: https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/entr...eturnTo/Search

Data from 175 students shows that only 15-16 students got onto the Psychology course with 96-11 UCAS points (so CCC-BCC). Of course, I'm not sure of the class size and I am sure it is bigger but it should give you some context as to who they let in. If you did get BCC, you are up against hundreds others who also got BCC and it is pretty much a lottery if you are the lucky few. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads