The Student Room Group

modeling

pls can someone help i gave my photos to a modelling agency and they exepted me as a model but after that they asked for money and i told them that i didnt wanted to work with them and the after a few month they send me another letter with alot more payment and brought the law in between and i didnt sign a contract with them at all neither did i meet them
can someone pls help me pls!!!
They can’t do anything because you have no reason to give them money. This is most likely a scam as model agencies pay you to work for them, not the other way around
Reply 2
can signing an contract per email be problematic and if they ask for money and u dont give them
Original post by mamoooo
can signing an contract per email be problematic and if they ask for money and u dont give them

I’m by no means an expert but if the money was only mentioned after signing the contract you won’t need to give them any. I would recommend getting some legal advice though if you are worried, but if they are a scam you won’t need to pay them anything anyway
Be very careful which agencies you try to contact. Start with the top ones even if you don't get accepted. Look carefully at how they word things, what they ask for etc. It's an industry in which looooads of people get exploited because people who seriously want to model tend to REALLY want to model, part of this could be dealing with insecurity, and thus money will try to be made off this. Consult your parents with any contracts etc as they'll have general experience with legal docs by now and see any red flags.
Original post by mamoooo
pls can someone help i gave my photos to a modelling agency and they exepted me as a model but after that they asked for money and i told them that i didnt wanted to work with them and the after a few month they send me another letter with alot more payment and brought the law in between and i didnt sign a contract with them at all neither did i meet them
can someone pls help me pls!!!

Quick Reply

Latest