Max11828
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve barely studied (my own, fault I know) but I desperately need anyone to tell me things that might help me pass, little facts, question formats, anything at all. Help me lads
Last edited by Max11828; 2 years ago
username4237692
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did nat 5 last year, I'm now doing higher I have my exam tmrw too! What do you find the hardest? Don't worry too much; make sure you remember what case studies you are doing for the human topics, and for anything last minute I would recommend just reading over your notes and if your notes aren't great look at bbc bitesize. Most of the human things are common sense, you probably know more than you think.
Last edited by username4237692; 2 years ago
Max11828
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot lad. I’d say I definitely find the map reading to be the hardest. I’ve had a look at some stuff related to it on bitesize but it’s still not making much sense to me. Figure I’ll just miss out any questions related to it since there aren’t thaaat many. I’ll do what you said and hope I’m able to waffle my way into a pass. Thanks again.
username4237692
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Max11828)
Thanks a lot lad. I’d say I definitely find the map reading to be the hardest. I’ve had a look at some stuff related to it on bitesize but it’s still not making much sense to me. Figure I’ll just miss out any questions related to it since there aren’t thaaat many. I’ll do what you said and hope I’m able to waffle my way into a pass. Thanks again.
Yeah just try and include as much detail as you can, state the obvious. For the map reading the questions normally tell you what you are meant to find, e.g for a v-shaped valley there is like white space with a stream in between and then steep contour lines either side. Good luck!
username269765
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Remember that any map questions which ask for map evidence (land use questions mainly) don't need to just be Grid References - the names of roads, places or recognising symbols all counts. Handy if you find the grid references the hardest!

Do you do Rivers/Limestone or Coasts/Glaciation for that part of the course?
Max11828
Rep:
?
Ah, thanks a lot! I’m doing rivers/limestone (another thing I’m mostly clueless about haha).
(Original post by EmmaEarth)
Remember that any map questions which ask for map evidence (land use questions mainly) don't need to just be Grid References - the names of roads, places or recognising symbols all counts. Handy if you find the grid references the hardest!

Do you do Rivers/Limestone or Coasts/Glaciation for that part of the course?
username269765
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here's two Quizlets that might help then - good for identifying Limestone and River features Try them on Learn mode and it'll help to revise what the features are and how they're identified on a map.

https://quizlet.com/364915112/limest...stone-diagram/
https://quizlet.com/366125218/rivers...ivers-diagram/

(Original post by Max11828)
Ah, thanks a lot! I’m doing rivers/limestone (another thing I’m mostly clueless about haha).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (199)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.69%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (96)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise