ItzmeHenry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
so basicly what im scared about are my targeted grades im in year 9 and im targeted a 4+ in m9st of my subjects and i think im never going to get a good job and collage's want really good grades and i cant provide. can any one help me?
ItzmeHenry
Rep:
?
sorry about the bad punctuation and spelling my phones lagging
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You're in year 9 so don't worry you have around 2 ish years to improve. I would focus on actually studying instead of worrying about results you'll be getting in 2 years time
username4205912
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you're thinking way too far into the future. just focus on working hard now and it'll help you later on. you're worrying more about your gcse's in year 9 than me as a year 11 doing their gcse's lol
Dayo03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You have so much time left. I would advise making flashcards at this point so you won't waste time doing those when it comes to your actual exams. Focus on learning all the content you've been taught making sure that you understand everything, if not seeking help from your teachers and watching YouTube videos. Then start learning extra that you haven't been taught in school yet and ask your teachers what you need to do to increase your target grades as these could be the difference between you getting accepted into your chosen college/ 6th form.
(Original post by ItzmeHenry)
sorry about the bad punctuation and spelling my phones lagging
(Original post by ItzmeHenry)
so basicly what im scared about are my targeted grades im in year 9 and im targeted a 4+ in m9st of my subjects and i think im never going to get a good job and collage's want really good grades and i cant provide. can any one help me?
username4205912
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
also forgot to mention this but, your target grades mean nothing. you can do better than them if you have the right work ethic
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
GCSEs are so easy.
Dayo03
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Target grades are actually really important seeing as your sixth forms look at these to decide whether to give you a conditional offer
(Original post by ririroo)
also forgot to mention this but, your target grades mean nothing. you can do better than them if you have the right work ethic
Unexpectedly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Some of the world's most successful people didn't do as well as they'd hoped for when they were at school.
ItzmeHenry
Rep:
?
i would like to thank you all for replying to my comment but i would like to say that i already do plenty revising for end of unit and term and year tests but i always find a way to failing them. any advise?
xY.mpj.Tx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You’re in year 9, believe me even if you’re super mega ambitious your worry levels will drop massively by year 11. you’ll still care obviously and still have the potential to get good grades , but also you’re at the start of most of YoUrE courses, you’ll have better understanding of them by year 11 and it’s better to have low grade predictions that you can surpass than getting predicted in unachievably high grades. If I can give any advice as an irresponsibly procrastinating year 11 who should probably be taking the fact that I’m predicted those unachievably high grades more seriously, it’s to start making notes now, for sciences and English Lit you should’ve started your course already so start now, for humanities , start in year 10 , but make notes early it can make such a huge difference to how stressed you’ll be come GCSEs and stress can really mess with your grades so yh good luck
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think giving target grades to year 9's should be banned.It results in exactly this.Young kids thinking they are defined by them and also they can become self fulfilling prophecies!Son's grammar school never gave target grades just encouraged the students to work hard.A far more healthy approach!
(Original post by ririroo)
Hokage_M
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I agree with Scotney. Also what type of revision do you do?
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
In year 9, just go over the information you have learnt so far and make sure you know it well, using what ever method that works for you. Some of the exams will cover that, but mostly what you learn in year 10 and 11. Check out memory methods on You Tube if you don't have one that works well for you.

I suggest you get your study area sorted out, so everything you need is around you. Have a look at revision guides at the library so you know which ones to get, you can also pick them up cheaply during the summer in charity shops. I got loads that way, as long as their are the up to date 9-1 GCSEs then you'll be fine. Even the old style guides are useful for questions etc.

I'd get the stationery you'll being needing - I love this bit - like a good planner/diary, wall calendar, post it notes, pens, binders, paper, index cards. That way you wont have the expense all at once.

The most important thing is to get your mind in the right place. Think positively, reach for the high grades, but also have a work mentality with your studies and revision. From September it will be your job to work hard on your studies, revise and most importantly pass those exams.

Also as important is to eat nutritionally well, drink enough water so your not dehydrated, exercise to reduce stress, and do take time off away from studies to stop any burn out.

Take time to work out a study schedule if you can.

Basically during the summer do as much preparation you can, so you can just start energised in September. Remember it's a marathon and not a sprint, so keep it kicking over and then build gradually to a peak before the mocks. Once you have those results you can alter anything that isn't working, and then build up again to peak for the actual exams.

Good luck. You can get those high grades, just stay positive and do the work.
MAXMP
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
At the moment I would say to focus on the tests you have at the moment and revise alot at home. If you can somehow trick yourself into thinking revision is fun like a challenge it will be much easier.
verycoolperson
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
gcses are easy, start putting time into extra learning at home, use websites like khan academy, and youtube, channels such as freesciencelessons, carry on learning at home, the grades are easy to get it really comes down to whether you truly want them or not - not too sure abuot english though, n its not that important as long as u pass it anyways, depending on wat u wanna be wen ur older, just spend a full hour every day on khan academy and freesciencelessons and you could get great grades in maths n science dunno though, furthermore its just gcses, just try to do ur hardest in the subjects u wanna study at a level or if u dont wanna do alevels u can always choose btec, its ok especially in engineering and fairly easy, will get u into a uni as well, studying an a level in maths alongside the btec lvl 3 ED will get u into a decent uni if u do well, bbut ur still only in year 9 n u got enough time calm down
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you need effective technique - https://youtu.be/ukLnPbIffxE
Lailaaaa123
Badges: 8
Report 3 months ago
Basicalllyyy u have enough time to make ur improvements...just keep at it and work on your weaknesses to make it into ur strengths dont comfort revise. Its still possible rn to make that changeee.
username4205912
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Scotney)
I think giving target grades to year 9's should be banned.It results in exactly this.Young kids thinking they are defined by them and also they can become self fulfilling prophecies!Son's grammar school never gave target grades just encouraged the students to work hard.A far more healthy approach!
I completely agree.
username4205912
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I meant in regards to how well you do, sorry I didn't explain myself properly
(Original post by Dayo03)
Target grades are actually really important seeing as your sixth forms look at these to decide whether to give you a conditional offer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (285)
59.01%
No (163)
33.75%

Watched Threads