The Student Room Group

Didn't sign any of my exam papers for GCSE? URGENT*

So i've done completed 2/4 weeks of my GCSE's and until today i remembered the fact that there was a student signature needed for some of my exams (AQA mainly - Biology, Chemistry, English Language etc.)

I don't have a signature so i didn't put it in ofc but i still have my name, candidate number and centre number written on my exam paper. Now, before i didn't worry much about this but the thought just came into my mind as to whether or not it would impact my grade or my paper due to the fact i hadn't signed it.

I mean i could do a signature for all of my future exams but then it would be even more confusing because they would probably wonder why some of my exams have a signature and why some of them do not.

Now i'm literally worried thinking whether i will have a grade for some of my subjects as i have heard from some of the previous replies from other questions that an examiner can refuse to mark a paper due to it not being signed? But my handwriting etc are the same across all papers.

So do i need to worry?

**The invigilators all check the papers before they are sent off and none of them have chased after me asking me to sign it and neither have any of my teachers stressed the importance of needing to sign it - but that's probably because they think it's something every student would already have the sense to know. This is why i'm stressing out even more skskksksksk.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry; forgetting to sign is just one of many administrative mishaps that occur every single year.

Your grade would not be impacted by this and the fact that it has not been brought to your attention by staff shows it's not that big of a deal, although it make feel like so.

People have made errors that would make identification hard, e.g. wrong candidate/centre numbers, but as long as your information was correct, they'll know how to contact you if they need to.

As you said, it's all checked before being sent off, so try not to worry.
Reply 2
Just looked up answers to this problem last year.Does not appear to matter but you could just drop an email to your exams officer who will reassure you .
Original post by dayya
So i've done completed 2/4 weeks of my GCSE's and until today i remembered the fact that there was a student signature needed for some of my exams (AQA mainly - Biology, Chemistry, English Language etc.)

I don't have a signature so i didn't put it in ofc but i still have my name, candidate number and centre number written on my exam paper. Now, before i didn't worry much about this but it the thought just came into my mind as to whether or not it would impact my grade or my paper due to the fact i hadn't signed it.

I mean i could do a signature for all of my future exams but then it would be even more confusing because they would probably wonder why some of my exams have a signature and why some of them do not.

Now i'm literally worried thinking whether i will have a grade for some of my subjects as i have heard from some of the previous replies from other questions that an examiner can refuse to mark a paper due to it not being signed? But my handwriting etc are the same across all papers.

So do i need to worry?

**The invigilators all check the papers before they are sent off and none of them have chased after me asking me to sign it and neither have any of my teachers stressed the importance of needing to sign it - but that's probably because they think it's something every student would already know. This is why i'm stressing out even more skskksksksk.

Original post by Haider_A
I wouldn't worry; forgetting to sign is just one of many administrative mishaps that occur every single year.

Your grade would not be impacted by this and the fact that it has not been brought to your attention by staff shows it's not that big of a deal, although it make feel like so.

People have made errors that would make identification hard, e.g. wrong candidate/centre numbers, but as long as your information was correct, they'll know how to contact you if they need to.

I hope so. I seen so many replies before about how the examiner may refuse to mark it due to it not being signed, which is the main thing stuck in the back of my mind. But your reply is really assuring, thank you!!

Original post by Haider_A

This happened to you?
Original post by Scotney
Just looked up answers to this problem last year.Does not appear to matter but you could just drop an email to your exams officer who will reassure you .
If it was an issue the examiner or person who looks at scripts before they’re sent off wouldve got a hold of you
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by username4746048

I don't have a signature so i didn't put it in ofc but i still have my name, candidate number and centre number written on my exam paper. Now, before i didn't worry much about this but the thought just came into my mind as to whether or not it would impact my grade or my paper due to the fact i hadn't signed it.

So do i need to worry?

**The invigilators all check the papers before they are sent off and none of them have chased after me asking me to sign it and neither have any of my teachers stressed the importance of needing to sign it - but that's probably because they think it's something every student would already have the sense to know. This is why i'm stressing out even more skskksksksk.

Hey, I know this is years after but did you still get your papers marked?
Original post by Examsr12
Hey, I know this is years after but did you still get your papers marked?

Dw they'll still mark your papers. I've never signed a paper and I've just got results back for A-levels - shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 8
Original post by toxicgamage56
Dw they'll still mark your papers. I've never signed a paper and I've just got results back for A-levels - shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you! That’s reassuring. :smile:
Reply 9
Don’t worry they use candidate number and centre number to identify you

Quick Reply

Latest