Mazzyt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I just applied today and got an unsuccessful from UWS, I was speaking to someone last week who had submitted at the end of October and was invited to an interview 2 days later!
6Hayley10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jhig)
Congras Hayley!!. what type of experience do you have and how long did you crry it out for?
Thanks ! I was a teaching assistant and worked in a secondary school for ten months.
Cattr39
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Jhig)
sorry to hear that. What type of experience is it that you have? I have called the Uni's and they said that a minimum of 4 weeks and that the experience i have is too old but i work a full time job and wont be able to get time to do any of it. they also said that it has to be an on going thing. so i am stressing.
A minimum of 4 weeks seems such bull**** to me, I work in a high school, work at summer camps with primary school kids and work at a youth group for primary aged kids. I work two jobs 6 days a week I can’t get anymore experience without having to switch my job. I have applied for new jobs in primary schools so hopefully I’ll get that... honestly it’s brutal I meet all their requirements but they’re making it harder to get into because of the sheer amount of applicants... they gotta do something, it’s not fair. I applied on the 4th of September and I have been rejected by Strathclyde but haven’t heard from any of the others but someone I know applied on Sunday and was offered an interview yesterday for uws so I’m kind of raging about that.
Teacher2Bee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have over a years experience and Strathclyde turned me down. I emailed them to find out more, and they never got back to me.
Jordimci
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Any else apply for Secondary Psychology at Strathclyde? Just sent my application yesterday and curious about the timeframe.
Jemmma1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, has anyone applied for Secondary Art? 😀
Alan Donaldson82
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have an interview for UWS P.E at the end of the month. Been practicing my gymnastics routine - not my forte 😂 Just need to nail down my dance.

Strathclyde have confirmed that they have documents and I have an interview, they just need to arrange dates. Hoping that is after the new year to give me time to prepare.

Anyone else got interviews coming up?
Last edited by Alan Donaldson82; 3 months ago
Louise146800
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have an interview for History at Strathclyde next month. Anyone else heard back?
lallu
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I just received an interview invitation from the University of Glasgow (primary)! Very happy as they actually rejected my application last year, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the interview has been like in the past years?
JTD296
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lallu)
Hi, I just received an interview invitation from the University of Glasgow (primary)! Very happy as they actually rejected my application last year, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the interview has been like in the past years?
Hi lallu

I'm going to be sending my application to Glasgow too at the end of December once I've finished my classroom experience.

Can I ask what your original degree was in and how much experience you have applied with?

This is my first time applying, do you you have any idea why you didn't get an interview last year?

I'm sorry, I've not even answered your question - I've just bombarded you with mine! I'm sure someone will come along shortly with some answers
magical-thinking
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lallu)
Me too! Excited and nervous in equal measure. Now the preparation begins! I've been reading through the forum from last year and it seems to have bits and pieces about what it's like. I think we'll get some information directly from the uni too.
Emily1012
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’ve just received my Interview from Glasgow uni for 17th December, not too sure what to except hopefully we get more info!!
Chogg0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Glasgow sent me an invitation to interview for 17th of Dec last night and I've just got one for Strathclyde this morning for the 12th of Dec. Going to be a busy December! Just waiting to hear back from Dundee and Edinburgh now. Good luck everyone!
Chogg0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For anyone who has received an interview from UWS make sure you have downloaded the interview information. You can get this from UCAS track. View your UWS option and in the box where it says recent update you should see details of your interview. Below that in More Information there's a link to copy and paste which has all the interview information. Hope this helps because I almost missed this!
Emily1012
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Chogg0)
Glasgow sent me an invitation to interview for 17th of Dec last night and I've just got one for Strathclyde this morning for the 12th of Dec. Going to be a busy December! Just waiting to hear back from Dundee and Edinburgh now. Good luck everyone!
When did you apply? I haven’t heard anything from Strathclyde?
Emily1012
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What type of things is everyone going to look at for the written part of the Glasgow uni interview ?
Chogg0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Emily1012)
When did you apply? I haven’t heard anything from Strathclyde?
Hey! I applied on the 14th of October for primary and they only got back to me this morning. Hope you hear back soon!
nik_nak1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey everyone! I got an interview for UWS and Glasgow so far. Still waiting to hear back from Strath, Edinburgh and Dundee
Ngill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey does anyone know if the experience needs to be based in the UK? I have been a home room teacher in China and Korea for the past three years and just received a rejection from UHI. Still waiting to hear back from the rest though :/
dasher103
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ngill)
Hey does anyone know if the experience needs to be based in the UK? I have been a home room teacher in China and Korea for the past three years and just received a rejection from UHI. Still waiting to hear back from the rest though :/
I'm based in France and have organised classroom teaching here for next year, I only have some Uni and online teaching so far. I have interviews for 2 Universities so i don't think it made a difference in my case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (491)
59.52%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.21%
No- I want it (235)
28.48%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.79%

Watched Threads