The Student Room Group

Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Forestry University Sofia) - Is it EAEVE approved?

Hi
I am trying to choose the Veterinary Study for my Son in Bulgaria which has two options
- Trakia University - Stara Zagora
- Forestry University - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Sofia

1. Does Forestry University Veterinary course has EAEVE approved status?
2. Which University is better one in Sofia (Forestry) or the Stara Zagora (Trakia).
3. Will he be able to practice in England? Question is due to BREXIT issue??

Thanks
Hey there, thought I'd message back as I recently visited the university. Firstly, if I am correct, the only university in Bulgaria that teaches vet med is Stara Zagora. When I spoke to the head of the English language program he mentioned that they had just had a reevaluation of the EAVE and were under the impression they were needing to make improvements to get fully accredited. EAVE said that a downside was that the onsite hospital should be 24/7 instead of 9-5 so nothing major

Visiting the Uni was a great experience. You should check it out. In regards to practising in England the professor I spoke to said that a lot of their students do practice in England. No one really knows what's going on with brexit. When i spoke to the RVC (the people you have to register with to practice ) they said worse case scenario you'll just have to sit the RVC exam at the end of your study. Hope all this helps !
Hi I was just wondering if you’re applying to the uni and if so what agency you would be using?
Agency under consideration is Study Medicine Europe.
Original post by vetmed12345
Hi I was just wondering if you’re applying to the uni and if so what agency you would be using?
I was advised to not apply through an agency by he Uni and some students I spoke to
Reply 5
YOU are trying to chose? What about your son?… shouldn’t he be doing this and then telling you what he has found and what he would like?
Original post by naikshailesh
Hi
I am trying to choose the Veterinary Study for my Son in Bulgaria which has two options
- Trakia University - Stara Zagora
- Forestry University - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Sofia

1. Does Forestry University Veterinary course has EAEVE approved status?
2. Which University is better one in Sofia (Forestry) or the Stara Zagora (Trakia).
3. Will he be able to practice in England? Question is due to BREXIT issue??

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending