Imperial College Msc Investments & Wealth management Watch

tobza71
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I have recently applied to MsC Investments & Wealth Management at Imperial, MSc Finance at LSE & Warwick and MSc Finance and Investment at CASS.

I have a 80% GPA (ari from University of Leeds Accounting and Finance. Including very high scores in quant modules (97% in mathematics for business, 86% in Financial Mathematics). I also took as many finance and quant electives as I possibly could.

I won several academic awards:
- Scholarship for top 10 course performers for 3 consecutive years
- Dean Prize
- Best financial analsis score (dissertation alternative)

I also have the first 2 levels of CIMA, scoring 100% in my F1 examination and grades in the 80% throughout.

I also have been on the exec committee for several societies at my University. Basic self taught knowledge of HTML and Java.

I have not taken the GMAT and do not intend to.

Currently on a 2 year corporate finance graduate program and about to finish, going to change and pursue a career in asset management

Warwick have offered me a place, and a 50% scholarship. CASS have also made me an offer with a 5k scholarship.

I was wondering what people think my odds are for getting into Imperial or LSE?

Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one can predict that. You have to apply and see. You seem to be well rounded in terms of academics and professional experience/qualifications but it also comes down to your application. refs and of course the competition.
(Original post by tobza71)
Hi I have recently applied to MsC Investments & Wealth Management at Imperial, MSc Finance at LSE & Warwick and MSc Finance and Investment at CASS.

I have a 80% GPA (ari from University of Leeds Accounting and Finance. Including very high scores in quant modules (97% in mathematics for business, 86% in Financial Mathematics). I also took as many finance and quant electives as I possibly could.

- Dean Prize

I also have the first 2 levels of CIMA, scoring 100% in my F1 examination and grades in the 80% throughout.

I also have been on the exec committee for several societies at my University. Basic self taught knowledge of HTML and Java.

Currently on a 2 year corporate finance graduate program and about to finish, going to change and pursue a career in asset management

Warwick have offered me a place, and a 50% scholarship. CASS have also made me an offer with a 5k scholarship.

Thanks
nishu.sharma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

You seem to have quite a versatile profile with good amount of extracurricular experience, definitely a plus one for your application.

Coming to your question on going for either Imperial or LSE, well it completely depends on your choice as you are already shortlisted for other two schools as well with fair scholarships.
However, for better understanding here are a few comparative pointers you can consider while choosing between LSE or Imperial;

Rankings – MSc in Finance offered by London School Of Economics ranked fourth and MSc in Investments & Wealth Management in Imperial school is ranked 11th as per latest top masters rankings 2019.

Course Overview- MSc Investment and Wealth Management is a one-year, full-time program intended to get ready understudies for professions in venture, private value and resource the executives. The program gives a solid theoretical base and draws on the world's best research in assert pricing. Wide scope of electives are persistently reviewed and tailored to imbibe current world learning experience and match the professional goals of students.
LSE offers 10 month full time MSc in finance to students both of finance and non-financial backgrounds and inculcate a unique and comprehensive foundation and analytical depth in the financial field. The programs’ core courses include financial markets, corporate finance along with a range of applied courses specially designed for students. Also, LSE’s close links to financial market groups and systemic risk center allows students to have a beneficial practical insight via research seminars and conferences.

Tuition Fees- The fees for entry to MSc Investment & Wealth Management is £34,500 for both EU and non EU students. Whereas tuition fees for MSc in finance in LSE is £35,568 for all students.

Career Prospects- Imperial’s MSc in investments and wealth management is one of its prestigious master’s courses and has almost 91% career success rate in terms of graduates getting recruited within three months of graduation. Job roles that MSc Investment & Wealth Management students have secured is that of an analyst, business analyst, credit risk analyst, investment associate, quantitative research analyst, associate etc. The companies recruiting from Imperial are Aberdeen asset management, Accenture, EY, China capital management, RBS, Goldman Sachs, Citi Group, Deloitte etc.
LSE attracts top recruiters in many sectors which enables the careers service to run an LSE-exclusive vacancy board full of internships, voluntary, part-time and graduate positions. Graduates of the Department have excellent career prospects relative to their peers. Post course study students get employed in various financial, investment banking or consulting sector. The top recruiters in LSE last year were JP Morgan, Duff and Phelps, Barclays Plc, UBS, Credit Suisse, Nomura etc.

So there you go, I hope these facts will help you make a better choice.

Good Luck!
(Original post by tobza71)

- Dean Prize

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads