The Student Room Group

oxford bio med admissions

Why is Oxford's intake for biomedicine so low? Should i apply to Cambridge instead?
Reply 1
Original post by HUSSAI55
Why is Oxford's intake for biomedicine so low? Should i apply to Cambridge instead?

it is low because it is competitive.

admission rate alone should not decide whether you apply to oxford or cambridge. if you are a competitive applicant for one, you are likely a competitive applicant for the other (although cambridge does consider applicants more holistically)
Reply 2
would you please recommend reading any (interesting) books related to biomed if u know of any so that i can write about it in my personal statement?
Thanks!
Original post by sotor
it is low because it is competitive.

admission rate alone should not decide whether you apply to oxford or cambridge. if you are a competitive applicant for one, you are likely a competitive applicant for the other (although cambridge does consider applicants more holistically)
Reply 3
Original post by HUSSAI55
would you please recommend reading any (interesting) books related to biomed if u know of any so that i can write about it in my personal statement?
Thanks!

sorry I don't know any books but i would recommend reading scientific journals about current research over books

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending