Saif-Al-Deen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does GCSE Human Biology exist ?
Is it found only in A-Levels ?
If I want to study Human Biology in A-Levels , should I study Biology in GCSE then shift to Human biology in A-Levels ?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It does exist but only for specific exam boards - you could take it but if it’s available in your centre/school or you can do it through distance learning. You can do that but I think a level is more important so it won’t affect u that much if u take either for GCSEs.
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 year ago
Saif-Al-Deen
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It does exist but only for specific exam boards - you could take it but if it’s available in your centre/school or you can do it through distance learning. You can do that but I think a level is more important so it won’t affect u that much if u take either for GCSEs.
Thank you for your reply .
Do you know which exam boards offer it ?
Is it possible to study Biology in GCSE , then study Human Biology in A-Level ?
Anyway , I prefer to study Human Biology from the beginning in GCSE .
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saif-Al-Deen)
Thank you for your reply .
Do you know which exam boards offer it ?
Is it possible to study Biology in GCSE , then study Human Biology in A-Level ?
Anyway , I prefer to study Human Biology from the beginning in GCSE .
No but you can always find it online.
Yes you can there’s nothing stopping u from studying it in a level unless you don’t meet the grade requirements for it. Sorry btw I don’t take it so I don’t know much about it
Saif-Al-Deen
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
No but you can always find it online.
Yes you can there’s nothing stopping u from studying it in a level unless you don’t meet the grade requirements for it. Sorry btw I don’t take it so I don’t know much about it
Thanks again for your reply !
Never mind ! I'll seek this information online .
cirrostratus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes there is an Edexcel Internation Human Biology qualification. It is new though so there aren't many resources.

I've done it tho in 2019 so I can give you tips on succeeding.
Saif-Al-Deen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Oh,Cirrostratus! Thx so much 4 ur reply . I am really very sorry 4 not answering you since then . I didn't log in .Can you please tell me if I can study Human Biology rather than Biology in GCSEs/IGCSEs
Saif-Al-Deen
Rep:
?
Oh , Cirrostratus ! I am very sorry for not answering you since then . I did not log in . I wish to study Human Biology rather than Biology in both : IGCSEs/GCSEs
Saif-Al-Deen
Rep:
?
(Original post by cirrostratus)
Yes there is an Edexcel Internation Human Biology qualification. It is new though so there aren't many resources.

Oh , Cirrostratus ! I am very sorry for not answering you since then . I did not log in .
I wish to study Human Biology rather than Biology in both : IGCSEs/GCSEs & A-Levels/International A-Levels .
I don't like topics like : Taxonomy , plants , ecology , etc... I want to be concerned with detailed Human Biology topics.
Can you tell me in which of the 5 UK exam boards : OCR , Pearson Edexcel , AQA , CCEA & WJEC in both GCSEs & A-Levels is it available ?
I figured out it is present only in OCR in A-Levels only , but not in GCSEs .
I found it available only in 1 of the 3 exam boards in my homeland : Egypt , which is Pearson Edecxel ; only in IGCSEs , but not in A-Levels . It is not available in both CIE ( Cambridge International Examinations ) and Oxford AQA .
Can you tell me if it is available to study Human Biology in both GCSEs/IGCSEs & A-Levels/International A-Levels whether here in Egypt or the UK , as the academic year is about to start , so I must start studying as a private candidate , otherwise I'll study an Access to Medicine Diploma next year.
Will the only option be is to study Human Biology in only 1 of the IGCSEs/GCSEs & International A-Levels/A-Levels , whereas the other 1 will unfortunately have to be Biology ?
Is it generally possible to study different subjects from different boards during either the IGCSEs/GCSEs or International A-Levels/A-Levels ? Is it possible to study the IGCSEs/GCSEs subjects in 1 board and the International A-Levels /A-Levels subjects in another board ?
I repeat my apology for my delayed reply.
Cirrostratus , Thank you for your time .
I am waiting for your quick response .
Saif-Al-Deen
Rep:
?
(Original post by cirrostratus)

Sorry , Cirrostratus ! I messaged u twice with 2 wrong msgs , as I forgot how to quote & reply my msgs !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.1%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
38.02%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.4%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (8)
3.31%

Watched Threads