clear skin?

Watch
sophia.chlo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i used to have quite bad acne and i wear makeup everyday because i’m so insecure. my skin has cleared up so much even though i get spots every now and then but i have redness on and around my nose and t zone.

has anyone got any suggestions which might help with the redness and also acne scarring? thanks
username2013595
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What complexion are you??

Aloe vera gel directly from the plant every day you see the redness leave on for 5 mins and for the scarring, turmeric and milk or water leave on for 15 mins
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look on Skincare Addiction's subreddit. A lot of useful information there.
sophia.chlo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gelle)
What complexion are you??

Aloe vera gel directly from the plant every day you see the redness leave on for 5 mins and for the scarring, turmeric and milk or water leave on for 15 mins
i’m very pale which is probably why the redness is so prominent, and thankyou i’ll definitely try these
sophia.chlo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Have a look on Skincare Addiction's subreddit. A lot of useful information there.
thanks
randomsheep11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wear at least SPF15 every day.
Try something like a niacinamide, vitmain c or alpha arbutin serum which can help deal with redness and discolouration.
Just in case you are, don't use any harsh scrubs like the St Ives apricot scrub or the Clean and Clear blackhead scrub, instead try using gentler scrubs (such as the Clean and Clear daily exfoliating wash), or chemical exfoliation.
sophia.chlo
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomsheep11)
Wear at least SPF15 every day.
Try something like a niacinamide, vitmain c or alpha arbutin serum which can help deal with redness and discolouration.
Just in case you are, don't use any harsh scrubs like the St Ives apricot scrub or the Clean and Clear blackhead scrub, instead try using gentler scrubs (such as the Clean and Clear daily exfoliating wash), or chemical exfoliation.

thankyou both for the suggestions, i’ll try them out, i used to use the angels on bare skin scrub and that really helped to clear my spots but i don’t use any scrubs now because they irritate my skin
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bio oil helps so much with scarring, discolouration and hyperpigmentation.
It evens out skin tone as well, Just wear it around the house (because it's oily) everyday.
sophia.chlo
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Bio oil helps so much with scarring, discolouration and hyperpigmentation.
It evens out skin tone as well, Just wear it around the house (because it's oily) everyday.
i’ll definitely try, thankyou.
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No worries.
(Original post by sophia.chlo)
i’ll definitely try, thankyou.
username568974
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you visited your doctor who can prescribe you cream to target the redness?

Start washing your face with bottled mineral water daily. Your ance will clear up quickly, results will take time but you will see the difference. Trust me, I know this lady who washes her face with bottled water, she looks 20 but is actually in her 30's. I will be doing this soon, as it really does work.

Cut down on sugar for at least 1-2 weeks, or even a month if you can. By this no cakes, cookies, chocolate or any other sugary foods. White sugar is bleached, which is in majority of the junk food, this is the cause of ance and other skin related issues. I have serve eczema on my hands, fingers and wrists. Just not eating sugar for a month or so really has helped. Your face will clear up with bottled water.

As others have mentioned turmeric, try this with organic coconut oil and milk. Make sure the paste is not too thick or runny. Keep it on your face for 15-20 mins, be sure to use cream or lotion once washed off. You mention you have pale skin, one tea spoon of turmeric should be enough (you don't want a yellow stain later) 🙃

Wash your face daily but not too much as you don't want to affect the natural oil the skin produces.

I hope this helps.
(Original post by sophia.chlo)
i used to have quite bad acne and i wear makeup everyday because i’m so insecure. my skin has cleared up so much even though i get spots every now and then but i have redness on and around my nose and t zone.

has anyone got any suggestions which might help with the redness and also acne scarring? thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.94%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.99%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (41)
23.16%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
8.47%
No - I live at home during term anyway (45)
25.42%

Watched Threads