Lostx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been so stupid. Saw my mental health team today. They said I’m not doing so well. They asked if I was still taking my medicine and I said no but some days.

Have a blood test tomorrow and I am worried that it will come back normal so they will think I’m lying.
Skycloud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you feel like they aren’t listening to u ?
Lostx
Rep:
?
They are listening to me. I just did something stupid. My parents are mad at me for stopping my meds when I haven’t stopped them. I was asked by my community team if I had stopped my meds and said yes because I wanted some help and thought it would be ok. Now I have a blood test tomorrow and I am thinking about not going because it will just show me to be a liar.
Skycloud
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lostx)
They are listening to me. I just did something stupid. My parents are mad at me for stopping my meds when I haven’t stopped them. I was asked by my community team if I had stopped my meds and said yes because I wanted some help and thought it would be ok. Now I have a blood test tomorrow and I am thinking about not going because it will just show me to be a liar.
Just explain to them that this is a cry for help, they will see loads of people just like you, they know how to handle it. Best to be honest before and just explain yourself. You will be surprised by how well they will respond. It’s always better if you have a good level of trust and understanding. Everyone only wants the best for you.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You correctly feel bad about it, it's up to them to forgive or dismiss you.
But to be honest, those in positions of power do this all the time and feel nothing.
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skycloud)
Just explain to them that this is a cry for help, they will see loads of people just like you, they know how to handle it. Best to be honest before and just explain yourself. You will be surprised by how well they will respond. It’s always better if you have a good level of trust and understanding. Everyone only wants the best for you.
I don’t think I can do this. I might write them a letter to explain things. Also if I do explain the relationship of trust will be broken.
Skycloud
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lostx)
I don’t think I can do this. I might write them a letter to explain things. Also if I do explain the relationship of trust will be broken.
But if you explain yourself, wether that be in the form of a letter or spoken, then they will have a better understanding. It’s better coming from you and they can try to understand and move on as appose to not attending. As this will make them wonder.
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skycloud)
But if you explain yourself, wether that be in the form of a letter or spoken, then they will have a better understanding. It’s better coming from you and they can try to understand and move on as appose to not attending. As this will make them wonder.
I guess you’re right. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads