2019 Cambridge Chemistry Challenge Watch

_.angelica._
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I’m thinking of doing the Chemistry Challenge this year and was hoping for some tips and guidance of those who have previously completed the challenge. What topics should I go over, and should I go over some Y13 organic topics even though it’s for Y12 (and I’m in Y12 too)? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you 😊
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
Bump 😁
Pigster
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There isn't really much in common between the previous papers to predict what will come up this year.
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
What strategies should I adopt in regards to answering the questions? Thank you 😊
Turtlebunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cambridge Chemistry challenge is more about your Chemistry problem solving skills rather than rote learning stuff before the challenge. Don't see it as an exam and see it as something you can have fun practicing some difficult problems for etc!
My recommendations would be doing some of the past questions and discussing them with your teacher or posting them on to here.
If you want to prepare by looking at something/revising something, it is slightly beyond A-level but a great resource for organic, especially if you are also considering Chemistry beyond school at a top university: check out https://www.masterorganicchemistry.c...nic-1/#genchem

Good luck!
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
(Original post by Turtlebunny)
Cambridge Chemistry challenge is more about your Chemistry problem solving skills rather than rote learning stuff before the challenge. Don't see it as an exam and see it as something you can have fun practicing some difficult problems for etc!
My recommendations would be doing some of the past questions and discussing them with your teacher or posting them on to here.
If you want to prepare by looking at something/revising something, it is slightly beyond A-level but a great resource for organic, especially if you are also considering Chemistry beyond school at a top university: check out https://www.masterorganicchemistry.c...nic-1/#genchem

Good luck!
Thank you for your help, and thanks for the website! Will definitely take a good look at it. I tried to create an account on the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge website, but the email link is not sending and you need an account to look at the question bank. Any ideas why?
luckycarbon4126
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _.angelica._)
Thank you for your help, and thanks for the website! Will definitely take a good look at it. I tried to create an account on the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge website, but the email link is not sending and you need an account to look at the question bank. Any ideas why?
Check your spam folder but you can still see lots of their online challenge questions by refreshing the home page. Hope you found the challenge alright if you’ve done it and wouldn’t mind comparing notes?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I haven’t done the challenge yet, I’m doing it on Wednesday. I’ve just been looking through the past papers and practising them, as well as noting down my areas I need to work on before the challenge. How’s your preparation going? We can help each other if you like?
(Original post by luckycarbon4126)
Check your spam folder but you can still see lots of their online challenge questions by refreshing the home page. Hope you found the challenge alright if you’ve done it and wouldn’t mind comparing notes?
luckycarbon4126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I haven’t done the challenge yet, I’m doing it on Wednesday. I’ve just been looking through the past papers and practising them, as well as noting down my areas I need to work on before the challenge. How’s your preparation going? We can help each other if you like?
I’ve already done the challenge. Good luck and let me know how you get on!
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
Would you say it was at a similar level of difficulty as the prior years (2016, 2017 etc) and do you think it was more organic than physical or split evenly?
I’ve already done the challenge. Good luck and let me know how you get on!
luckycarbon4126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would you say it was at a similar level of difficulty as the prior years (2016, 2017 etc) and do you think it was more organic than physical or split evenly?
Yep. No harder than other years
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
I’ll update once I’ve done it, fingers crossed it goes okay...I really don’t like organic 😤
Yep. No harder than other years
Gowda24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any tips for preparation? I have the paper on Friday and I really want to do well.
_.angelica._
Rep:
?
I’m just going through past papers and identifying my weakest topics or areas I trip up on.
luckycarbon4126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good luck everyone hope it goes well and DM me I wanna compare some answers lol
thekidwhogames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Deleted
Last edited by thekidwhogames; 3 weeks ago
luckycarbon4126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thekidwhogames)
I'm doing this tomorrow - aiming for Gold/Rg.

Anyone, who's done it <= tomorrow, want to compare answers?
Good luck hope you get that. And yeah sure just dm me
Luke68171
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did people find the questions
Last edited by Luke68171; 4 weeks ago
luckycarbon4126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reminder that NO SPOILERS until after everyone has sat the challenge!!
Last edited by luckycarbon4126; 4 weeks ago
Liverpool62
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anybody who’s already done the challenge as well , dm me privately to compare answers with each other I’m curious to how well I did now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.59%
No I am happy with my course choice (526)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.35%

Watched Threads