The Student Room Group

Want away from him!!!

I got the impression a work colleague of mine was gay until recently, all my friends and family who have met him thought the same way too . But over the weekend he was out and went to a pub, long story short he posted a photo of himself and some girl just standing side by side (nothing more) outside . This chick lives 1 hour and 20 mins away from the city and just met him Saturday , yet the following day this guy who has led me on in the office changed his profile photo of them from that night. At work he is always staring at me, engaging me, joking around and just all over me. I can’t seem to understand why you would change a profile pic so quickly , and including a girl you barely know. Unless he’s in the closet , one guy wrote ‘this can’t be genuine’ but it was deleted within minutes by the guy. Why would he take offence to that comment ?

Long story short now, I don’t want him near me from here on, How do I get him away from me in an office environment ????
Have you made clear to him that he's making you uncomfortable? He might not even realise.

All the stuff about whether he's gay and his social media seems completely irrelevant.
Reply 2
Original post by Seeyouagain
I got the impression a work colleague of mine was gay until recently, all my friends and family who have met him thought the same way too . But over the weekend he was out and went to a pub, long story short he posted a photo of himself and some girl just standing side by side (nothing more) outside . This chick lives 1 hour and 20 mins away from the city and just met him Saturday , yet the following day this guy who has led me on in the office changed his profile photo of them from that night. At work he is always staring at me, engaging me, joking around and just all over me. I can’t seem to understand why you would change a profile pic so quickly , and including a girl you barely know. Unless he’s in the closet , one guy wrote ‘this can’t be genuine’ but it was deleted within minutes by the guy. Why would he take offence to that comment ?

Long story short now, I don’t want him near me from here on, How do I get him away from me in an office environment ????

Give me his number, I will test him. No gay/bi/bi curious man can resist me.
The next time he is making you uncomfortable you are going to have to say something to him. If you don't have a need to be working directly together then he doesn't need to be around you. I am guessing that he is innocent enough (no one here can know his intentions) so I'm going to say that he is very socially awkward and trying to seek out a connection with someone. In the office he probably is seeking friendship - but - if he were to sense you were interested in 'more' he might pursue that. The girl at the nightclub gave him the time of day. He sees other people w/ their pics w/girls (okay - girlfriend) on social media and wanted to feel like he too could post a picture. Perhaps it helped him with insecurity issue. Who knows.
Just because he changed his profile pic to them together it is harmless. How do you know where the girl lives. I guess you discussed it with him or did you look her up. Also, curious, as to why you said you thought he was gay if he had 'led you on in the office, stares at you all the time, engages you, and is all over you all of the time'. You're giving this guy too much powers (that he probably isn't seeking). Ignore him and his posts - that's his life away from the office - and if he is bothering you confront him directly but politely and if it continues let your boss or administration know.
Reply 4
Original post by Seeyouagain

You tell him that his attention is not wanted. If he continues misbehaving then you complain to your manager. Don't speak to him unless you have to!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending