The Student Room Group

Need advice on Film/TV Production Apprenticeships

Hi guys, I'm 22 years old and from Australia. I've recently been thinking about where I want to be and what I want to do. I've had a massive passion for film and television my whole life and have wanted to do something in the industry. So now I've decided to make the trip to the UK to pursue this industry (I have a British passport). I've recently been looking at Apprenticeships and believe this would be best suited to me as it's paid work but also builds towards a qualification. I would love to be in the production side of the creative industry but I've been struggling to find apprenticeships in this industry. I know a lot of people go looking for film gigs just to make it in Hollywood films but I'd love to start at the bottom and work my way up into the industry. I've seen the apprenticeships that the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 have but they aren't really catered to what I want to do (they're more radio and TV management). So I was wondering if anyone knows about apprenticeships in the film/tv industry. Thanks!
Original post by bigcoight44
Hi guys, I'm 22 years old and from Australia. I've recently been thinking about where I want to be and what I want to do. I've had a massive passion for film and television my whole life and have wanted to do something in the industry. So now I've decided to make the trip to the UK to pursue this industry (I have a British passport). I've recently been looking at Apprenticeships and believe this would be best suited to me as it's paid work but also builds towards a qualification. I would love to be in the production side of the creative industry but I've been struggling to find apprenticeships in this industry. I know a lot of people go looking for film gigs just to make it in Hollywood films but I'd love to start at the bottom and work my way up into the industry. I've seen the apprenticeships that the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 have but they aren't really catered to what I want to do (they're more radio and TV management). So I was wondering if anyone knows about apprenticeships in the film/tv industry. Thanks!

Get hooked in to the Screen Skills and BFI networks and events.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending