The Student Room Group

Should I quit smoking

I am 13 and I live in New Zealand. Here, you can smoke cigarettes at any age but you can only buy them at 18. When I was 10, some teens got me to try a cigarette and I got addicted. Should I quit?

Scroll to see replies

You can't just say should I quit. Like are you able to quit?
Reply 2
If you can quit then why tf not. I don't believe this story tbh
Mate I have friends too who smoke..But I never made them influence me.I'm 16 and you know smoking from the age of 13 could ruin your teenage life especially as this age is the development of your organs and smoking could cause them damage to these organs and lead to cancer or emphysema as your body will be unable to control the amount of nicotine present in cigarette smoke. And if you are addicted go to the doctor and seek fro medical advice..he might provide you with nicotine chewing gum or patches which would be helpful.Or try e-cigarette instead of smoking the actual ones as it will help you reduce your cravings for smoking
Original post by Tamaratk6_6tk
I am 13 and I live in New Zealand. Here, you can smoke cigarettes at any age but you can only buy them at 18. When I was 10, some teens got me to try a cigarette and I got addicted. Should I quit?
Original post by Goofballx69
Mate I have friends too who smoke..But I never made them influence me.I'm 16 and you know smoking from the age of 13 could ruin your teenage life especially as this age is the development of your organs and smoking could cause them damage to these organs and lead to cancer or emphysema as your body will be unable to control the amount of nicotine present in cigarette smoke. And if you are addicted go to the doctor and seek fro medical advice..he might provide you with nicotine chewing gum or patches which would be helpful.Or try e-cigarette instead of smoking the actual ones as it will help you reduce your cravings for smoking

Ha I thought you were like 20+
Nope..but I have experienced everything:smile:....and there are some people who smoke at the age of 10
Original post by HateSchx
Ha I thought you were like 20+
YES
Nope..but I have experienced everything:smile:....and there are some people who smoke at the age of 10

Please list your experiences so I'm educated in what I have to deal with
Original post by Tamaratk6_6tk

No carry on - get asthma, lung cancer, shortened life. Amputations, smelly breath, smaller wallet, brown fingers take your pick
Reply 9
Yes or you’ll die prematurely. God awaits you.
I'll just keep that to myself
Please list your experiences so I'm educated in what I have to deal with
I'll just keep that to myself

I'm guessing the list is long 🧐
Longer than you cud think...:rolleyes:
I'm guessing the list is long 🧐
Longer than you cud think...:rolleyes:

or maybe you just saying that...
Trying harder to get the info uh....well if you want to think of me like that I really don't mind:smile:
or maybe you just saying that...
Trying harder to get the info uh....well if you want to think of me like that I really don't mind:smile:

There is no info to get out
Hmm..I see. Yu don't want to know my list then?
There is no info to get out
Hmm..I see. Yu don't want to know my list then?

What? A list of things you have experienced?
Your 16 it's probably minimal
:lol:..Don't judge a book by its cover...and I have experienced more than enough in my life and I dont think any 16 year old male would have:colondollar:
What? A list of things you have experienced?
Your 16 it's probably minimal
:lol:..Don't judge a book by its cover...and I have experienced more than enough in my life and I dont think any 16 year old male would have:colondollar:

Well how would ik that? If you haven't told me?
yet...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending