most overrated kpop band? Watch

Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
heard of post malone hes such a chill guy lol, have you heard of i got 5 on it?
(Original post by steph.demetriou)
ohhhhh got it
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
there was a time where i used to listen to dubstep religiously so i agree; i love daft punk, have you heard of them?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I'm partial to a bit of pop punk myself, but I mean in terms of more mainstream.

Kpop is in the charts rn, but it'll die out.
Same thing happened with that whole Dubstep phase. There was that big hype around Grime too, and although it's still relatively popular it's not there as much as it was. Kpop is just the new wave in these phases.
i agree when you said EXO, they are a little overrated when they debuted.
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
See now you're just talking about my childhood. :laugh: I was definitely one of those into the grime phase, as the only Chinese kid in a grime concert. :laugh: Dubstep To be honest I just listen to anything but I get your point now!
gelle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
BTS
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
there was a time where i used to listen to dubstep religiously so i agree; i love daft punk, have you heard of them?
Yeah I love Daft Punk! 'One More Time' just reminds me of my childhood haha.
Potayytoe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
no its just some random art i found ages ago
thanks 2D (is your profile picture gorillaz?)
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
None. Every band, western or KPop, has worked hard to get the attention they receive.

Also, watch how all the BTS comments start flooding in
hxechan
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Blackpink. I think they lack stage presence overall and their songs are really similar...
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by gelle)
BTS
(Original post by Rid The Kid)
bts. im disappointed i even know they are in kpop
(Original post by hadiqaax)
I think BTS in my opinion there's other boy groups that are just as amazing as them but are soo underrated like VIXX
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Yeah I love Daft Punk! 'One More Time' just reminds me of my childhood haha.
the music video animation and my searching on youtube got me into it, also harder better faster lol
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
lmaoooooooooooo i saw the video bts is overrated try again, theyve worked hard from nothing! (meaning bighit was really small)
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
None. Every band, western or KPop, has worked hard to get the attention they receive.

Also, watch how all the BTS comments start flooding in
yes!
(Original post by hxechan)
Blackpink. I think they lack stage presence overall and their songs are really similar...
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
lmaoooooooooooo i saw the video bts is overrated try again, theyve worked hard from nothing!

yes!
Literally. Half of them grew up poor and are now rich as heck, due to sheer talent, hard work and dedication.
I’m not even saying this as a bias towards BTS, every artist in the industry has to work hecking hard to be where they are today, so basically none of us are qualified to call someone overrated.
Last edited by RazzzBerries; 5 months ago
hannah!!
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i think the majority of groups work rlly hard so deserve the success they get, although (this is gonna contradict what i just said) i think blackpink don't really do as much as other groups yet have more success. they've upped their game a lot since the criticisms of jennie began to whirl in but they're now at the level they should have been way before this, whereas other groups have been consistently working hard and putting in so much effort and have little attention in comparison to blackpink.
for the success they have, i find their songs a bit underwhelming and overhyped, very generic. kill this love really just killed off any interest i had in them, but i guess it's a matter of opinion because so many people liked it. i think the girls' personalities are lovely though, especially for what they did regarding the manchester bombing
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
i remember seeing suga say 'we could afford jumpers so we only bought these $14 ones' made me really sad, now they have gucci on their hands lol.
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Literally. Half of them grew up poor and are now rich as heck, due to sheer talent, hard work and dedication.
I’m not even saying this as a bias towards BTS, every artist in the industry has to work hecking hard to be where they are today, so basically none of us are qualified to call someone overrated.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
i think their personalities are pretty fake dont get me wrong, especially lisa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIkhyjhyfsM , I hated Jennie before but I realised, that hey she doesnt make the strange cute voice that they do (she does a few times) but shes more real in comparison to the other members. My bias was Jisoo when i stanned them.
(Original post by hannah!!)
i think the majority of groups work rlly hard so deserve the success they get, although (this is gonna contradict what i just said) i think blackpink don't really do as much as other groups yet have more success. they've upped their game a lot since the criticisms of jennie began to whirl in but they're now at the level they should have been way before this, whereas other groups have been consistently working hard and putting in so much effort and have little attention in comparison to blackpink.
for the success they have, i find their songs a bit underwhelming and overhyped, very generic. kill this love really just killed off any interest i had in them, but i guess it's a matter of opinion because so many people liked it. i think the girls' personalities are lovely though, especially for what they did regarding the manchester bombing
thewaterbottle12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Iksu_51)
I think there are more underrated than overrated groups like iKON and ATEEZ...
agreed!
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You can get me into a Taylor Swift, Bring me the Horizon, Stormzy, Foo Fighters, JPop, Busted, Porter Robinson, Blink 182 concert and I'd be happy. I literally listen to most music genres. :laugh: 60s rock god you aren't that old! :rofl:
Yeah I went through the whole grime phase too :lol: Though tbh I still listen to it. Haah I know the feeling! Yeah I'm the same, my music taste is pretty weird. 60's/70's Rock still has my heart tho <3
Potayytoe
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
stan seventeen
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
heck yeah!
(Original post by Potayytoe)
stan seventeen
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
All of them
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks gelle

(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
All of them
Grooty: https://youtu.be/KcU55rVLIFw?t=304
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If this is your first time voting in an election, will Brexit be a big factor for you?

Yes (5)
62.5%
No (3)
37.5%

Watched Threads