The Student Room Group

Cheap uni kitchen supplies??

Going to uni in September and made a list for all the kitchen supplies I’ll need (pots pans and cutlery etc). Just worrying about how expensive it’s all gonna be! Can anyone recommend where to get cheap but efficient kitchen supplies??
Reply 1
Wilkos, pretty much any major supermarket.
Poundland
I got my plates and bowls from Asda and they were like £2 each. Surely you can take forks and things from home as they’re quite small?
Original post by Maevejoy
Going to uni in September and made a list for all the kitchen supplies I’ll need (pots pans and cutlery etc). Just worrying about how expensive it’s all gonna be! Can anyone recommend where to get cheap but efficient kitchen supplies??

Any supermarket (particularly in the cheaper end of the scale, like ASDA, Morrison's etc.) is a good bet.

It might be a good idea to buy some stuff as you find you need it, as it's easy to think you'll need certain supplies and then never use them.
Wilko, Supermarkets, Amazon, Argos. I would suggest avoiding IKEA as your stuff will look the same as everyone else, our current kitchen is like an IKEA showroom where everyone got the same stuff. I just went to Sainsburys and got my pans and I think plates were Asda but during freshers we had Wilko at the freshers fair and they were giving away free wooden utensils in a bag of miscellaneous items that you might need so I wouldn't buy too much as there's often Poundshops close or there will be trips into town that you can get extras.

I also suggest speaking to your parents to see if they have any spare/old cutlery, plates, pans etc you could have as things like plates, glasses & cutlery are unlikely to make it through the year as people are too lazy to wash up and steal others clean stuff cutlery especially!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending