Should I write a thank you note after an apprenticeship interview? Watch

rozinaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I've recently had an apprenticeship interview for a digital marketing role at a small business and I'm not sure whether I should send a thank you note or not (I feel that sending one would seem a bit too over the top for an apprenticeship). Also, if I should send one, what should I include in the note and how long should it be (approximately)?

I only know the name of one of the two interviewers and I didn't get a chance to get their individual email addresses, but I have managed to find the company's email address, so I'm considering about sending my thank you note there.

Have you sent a thank you note for an apprenticeship, and if you have, does it have an effect on whether you'll get the job or not?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
a thank you note, in this age of transient digital entertainment, can have great value. a letter with a stamp on it, simple "thanks for the interview" = wow!

I'm not yet convinced however that this is appropriate in terms of your recent interview, because from their point of view, you were either A) acceptable & hired or B) not acceptable and not hired. Until you know whether the answer is A or B, any spontaneous communication from you *might* be seen as 'gaming' the interview, perhaps there were 100 candidates, perhaps this nice gesture is supposed to move you from B to A. perhaps,perhaps

so once you know, send a letter, maybe thank them ['Bob' and Colleagues] for the fact they considered you (in either A or B state, as now known) and say (if they were helpful) that they were helpful, and if they planned things well and made you not feel nervous, then say that. be neutral, say how much you liked their company. Consider to send your nice idea of a "thanks" even if you weren't successful. Consider carefully whether to ask them for feedback , if you didn't get in, and say what could I do to impress you better?

I did write a letter to a company many years ago, I said I'd like a job there. They wrote back saying that there were no jobs for me at that time, but they would keep my details on file (as if!) So a couple of years later I received a telegram, authorising me to claim a first class air ticket to travel to Geneva on Swissair for my interview at particle physics laboratory of CERN, and I passed that interview, by having written a letter.
username8408717
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rozinaaa)
So I've recently had an apprenticeship interview for a digital marketing role at a small business and I'm not sure whether I should send a thank you note or not (I feel that sending one would seem a bit too over the top for an apprenticeship). Also, if I should send one, what should I include in the note and how long should it be (approximately)?

I only know the name of one of the two interviewers and I didn't get a chance to get their individual email addresses, but I have managed to find the company's email address, so I'm considering about sending my thank you note there.

Have you sent a thank you note for an apprenticeship, and if you have, does it have an effect on whether you'll get the job or not?
As the business is small they're likely to remember you so i would say go for it! Just write thanks for the interview, emphasise your eagerness in a few sentences and say look forward to hearing back from you soon or something like that
rozinaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I wrote a thank you note to them the other day, and the interviewer is willing to offer to me the apprenticeship (after confirming everything with the training provider), now I just have to wait for everything to be confirmed, so technically I've already got the job.
(Original post by TS33)
As the business is small they're likely to remember you so i would say go for it! Just write thanks for the interview, emphasise your eagerness in a few sentences and say look forward to hearing back from you soon or something like that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (314)
65.97%
No (162)
34.03%

Watched Threads