The Student Room Group

Wadham College Oxford - Biology Summer School

Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone else has gained a place on the Biology summer school at wadham college :smile:
Yes, I have! I was rejected to UNIQ so was kinda surprised to have gotten in! I'm looking to study Human Sciences.
Reply 2
Original post by violet123456
Yes, I have! I was rejected to UNIQ so was kinda surprised to have gotten in! I'm looking to study Human Sciences.

Ahh that’s great! I was rejected from UNIQ too, so I wasn’t too hopeful either, I’m still deciding between biology and biochemistry.
Yup! Can't wait to meet you all there, I'm so excited :biggrin:
Original post by emmadodd
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone else has gained a place on the Biology summer school at wadham college :smile:
Reply 4
You will all have such a great time..Wadham is ace for Biology. Hopefully you will meet Cedric Tan the legendary tutor of statistics. Best location ever right next to Bod and nicest porters in Oxford! Enjoy!
Original post by kinda_stressed
Yup! Can't wait to meet you all there, I'm so excited :biggrin:
Reply 5
I've just applied to go this year! Could anybody tell me what it's like in terms of accommodation, food and the social side of it? Do you get your own room? I'm socially awkward lol so a bit worried
Reply 6
Original post by jjjj44
I've just applied to go this year! Could anybody tell me what it's like in terms of accommodation, food and the social side of it? Do you get your own room? I'm socially awkward lol so a bit worried

Yes you do get your own room in the honeycomb part of the college. You will have a sink in your room and shared bathrooms and tiny kitchen with your staircase. Ratio of showers and loos is good. In normal times you get to choose whether you eat at the self service refectory or attend formal meals served by staff in main hall. Wadham is very informal so even formal dining does not involve gowns. You only pay for meals you have so you can also eat out. However most people eat in college.
Socially again in normal times Wadham has bops every two weeks, often fancy dress parties and there are many sports teams plus uni wide societies for just about anything. Wadham has it's own pub The Kings Alms too.
You will be assigned a college Mum and Dad and will have a college sibling or two also. They will take you out for dinner and be there if you have any questions. Wadham are big supporters of the LBQTI +community so top tip is brush up on your knowledge in this area! College is left leaning and pretty woke.
Great location for everything and college porters are the most friendly in Oxford. Hope this all helps. Try not to worry I am sure you will love it.
Reply 7
Original post by Scotney
Yes you do get your own room in the honeycomb part of the college. You will have a sink in your room and shared bathrooms and tiny kitchen with your staircase. Ratio of showers and loos is good. In normal times you get to choose whether you eat at the self service refectory or attend formal meals served by staff in main hall. Wadham is very informal so even formal dining does not involve gowns. You only pay for meals you have so you can also eat out. However most people eat in college.
Socially again in normal times Wadham has bops every two weeks, often fancy dress parties and there are many sports teams plus uni wide societies for just about anything. Wadham has it's own pub The Kings Alms too.
You will be assigned a college Mum and Dad and will have a college sibling or two also. They will take you out for dinner and be there if you have any questions. Wadham are big supporters of the LBQTI +community so top tip is brush up on your knowledge in this area! College is left leaning and pretty woke.
Great location for everything and college porters are the most friendly in Oxford. Hope this all helps. Try not to worry I am sure you will love it.

Sorry I thought this was asking about starting at Wadham fulltime.
Original post by emma64
Hey,

Hey, I'm actually in the process of applying rn and I was wondering if u could give me some details of what u generally wrote in the personal statement section? Tysm
Original post by phoebeeeeee
Hey, I'm actually in the process of applying rn and I was wondering if u could give me some details of what u generally wrote in the personal statement section? Tysm

This thread is four years old so I doubt posters are still active on site.However I would just write about why Biology as a subject.and mention special areas of interest.Secondly about why you would benefit from the experience.So things like experiencing the tutorial system first hand,meeting other people equally fascinated by your subject.If first in family to go to uni mention this,seeing if Oxford would suit you.Just tell the truth really about why you want to get into the summer school.Good luck.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending