The Student Room Group

Going blind in one eye

I think I am going blind especially in one of my eye. I don't know what to do as it has meant not really being able to progress in my studies/life in general.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I think I am going blind especially in one of my eye. I don't know what to do as it has meant not really being able to progress in my studies/life in general.

If it's been gradually happening over time (like a few weeks), book a standard GP appointment or eye test and pop into a pharmacy just to make sure there's nothing obvious like an eye infection that could be causing it. If it's happened quite suddenly a little while ago (last couple of days) book an urgent GP appointment. If its just happened today go to A&E or call 111 now.

Don't worry about your studies for now, just try your best and let your school know so they can make arrangements to help you where possible.

Sight loss isn't necessarily permanent, but can have a whole variety of causes some of which are pretty simple and some of which can be quite serious. It's important to get it seen to (no pun intended) as soon as possible because the longer you wait the more chance there is it will get more serious or permanent.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest