cerys-piano67
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Right, so I have my GCSE Music exam in six days time and I'm so nervous. I got full marks in both my composing and my performing so I obviously need to do just as well in this listening exam. The thing is, my class and I only just started doing the theory a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure what the key stuff is that I HAVE to know. There isn't much for GCSE Music out there, let alone WJEC boards. If any one could give me any help, I would be extremely grateful.
fockinghateexams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Here's the specification link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vmsqmstN5sOeRl

I'm doing the same exam and I think if you are a relatively high standard in music then you probably have most of the knowledge you need already. Just having a basic understanding of time signatures, key signatures and chord sequences will already guarantee you a good mark. However maybe revise cadences, intervals and modulations (the more complicated stuff) if you're aiming for top marks. For the set pieces of music, you only really need to know the composer, year it was done, key chord sequences/time signatures and genre!

Best of luck!!
viol.aaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I did the WJEC music listening exam yesterday as well - how did you find the exam? Barely anyone seems to do this exam board!
cerys-piano67
Rep:
?
Isn't it so annoying how there is nothing for WJEC GCSE Music? There wasn't anything for us on BBC Bitesize, which was shocking. I thought it was alright... not the worst exam but not the best. Well, if I'm honest I don't think I have passed any of them lmao.
(Original post by viol.aaa)
I did the WJEC music listening exam yesterday as well - how did you find the exam? Barely anyone seems to do this exam board!
cerys-piano67
Rep:
?
thank you for your ideas! I appreciate it. Did you do this exam too? If so, how did you find it? I hope the grade boundaries are low lol! I had my last exam today... roll on summer!!!!!
(Original post by fockinghateexams)
Here's the specification link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vmsqmstN5sOeRl

I'm doing the same exam and I think if you are a relatively high standard in music then you probably have most of the knowledge you need already. Just having a basic understanding of time signatures, key signatures and chord sequences will already guarantee you a good mark. However maybe revise cadences, intervals and modulations (the more complicated stuff) if you're aiming for top marks. For the set pieces of music, you only really need to know the composer, year it was done, key chord sequences/time signatures and genre!

Best of luck!!
fockinghateexams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Omg I'm usually not too bad in music but I walked out that saying I could've got zero :confused: I thought it was so hard considering it's meant to be an easy exam board!! All over now
(Original post by cerys-piano67)
thank you for your ideas! I appreciate it. Did you do this exam too? If so, how did you find it? I hope the grade boundaries are low lol! I had my last exam today... roll on summer!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (224)
67.47%
No (108)
32.53%

Watched Threads