Gcse aqa chemistry paper 2 predictions Watch

iallii
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
has anyone got good resources for chem paper 2 and also any educated predictions?!!!!!!!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What type of resources do you want? If you're a bit more specific, I'm happy to make suggestions.

As the spec has only been running for one year, no-one can make educated predictions about what will come up beyond the obvious, like "at least one required practical".
iallii
Rep:
?
absolutely anything that would help. Also their is not much time left so any resources that would allow me to cover content in a small amount of time
I am using things like Seneca and maths and physics tutor
thanks for the help!
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
What type of resources do you want? If you're a bit more specific, I'm happy to make suggestions.

As the spec has only been running for one year, no-one can make educated predictions about what will come up beyond the obvious, like "at least one required practical".
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by iallii)
absolutely anything that would help. Also their is not much time left so any resources that would allow me to cover content in a small amount of time
I am using things like Seneca and maths and physics tutor
thanks for the help!
Seneca and physics and maths tutor are both good. I'd aim to do a full run through of a past paper too before your exam.

TES is a resource sharing site for teachers, but anyone can make an account and download things- it might be worth having a look to see if anything catches your eye as being useful here:
https://www.tes.com/resources/search...evision%20mats
https://www.tes.com/resources/search...0flash%20cards

Some resources are paid for, but there is plenty of free stuff. You could also search for resources by topic.

At this stage, I'd also suggest finding a RAG sheet or going through the spec- anything you don't know at all it's probably too late to learn. Anything you do know you can ignore for now. Focus on "amber" topics, where you can easily gain marks by knowing the topic more thoroughly.

I hope this helps a bit!
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Just a small list. Higher Triple Chemistry, these topics didn't come up (at all or only covered slightly) in 2018:
  • Addition/condensation polymerisation
  • Potable water
  • Sewage water treatment
  • Using resources - thermosetting/thermosoftening polymers, HDPE/LDPE, pottery, matrices, etc.
  • Extracting copper - bioleaching/phytomining
  • NPK fertilisers
  • Water purification practical
iallii
Rep:
?
do you think its usefull to do a past paper and fill it in using the mark scheme?

(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Seneca and physics and maths tutor are both good. I'd aim to do a full run through of a past paper too before your exam.

TES is a resource sharing site for teachers, but anyone can make an account and download things- it might be worth having a look to see if anything catches your eye as being useful here:
https://www.tes.com/resources/search...evision%20mats
https://www.tes.com/resources/search...0flash%20cards

Some resources are paid for, but there is plenty of free stuff. You could also search for resources by topic.

At this stage, I'd also suggest finding a RAG sheet or going through the spec- anything you don't know at all it's probably too late to learn. Anything you do know you can ignore for now. Focus on "amber" topics, where you can easily gain marks by knowing the topic more thoroughly.

I hope this helps a bit!
iallii
Rep:
?
so basically all of topic 10 (c10)?
(Original post by Anthos)
Just a small list. Higher Triple Chemistry, these topics didn't come up (at all or only covered slightly) in 2018:
  • Potable water
  • Sewage water treatment
  • Using resources - thermosetting/thermosoftening polymers, HDPE/LDPE, pottery, matrices, etc.
  • NPK fertilisers
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
so basically all of topic 10 (c10)?
Mostly, though there was a question about the Haber process and naming the gases/conditions in the Haber process and about LCAs. There was also a bit about thermosetting/softening polymers. Other than that, I don't think C10 was covered in much detail.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anthos)
  • Potable water
  • Sewage water treatment
  • NPK fertilisers
As I said on the biology thread, exam boards are being very cagey about how content is covered in new spec exams. I think trying to question spot at this stage is a very dangerous game.

do you think its usefull to do a past paper and fill it in using the mark scheme?
I don't think just copying the mark scheme is worthwhile. Go through a paper, do what you can, and then go through with the mark scheme, sure. Do individual questions and then look at the mark scheme- maybe do some open book with your notes to work on exam technique, but I don't think there's much to be gained from just copying a mark scheme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (150)
51.72%
No (140)
48.28%

Watched Threads