The Student Room Group

WJEC a level biology

If you’re on this exam board make yourself known!!
I dont like this exam board. Ooof
Original post by necroticblast
I dont like this exam board. Ooof

Me neither! I’m struggling so hard for resources. Nobody has made predictions for WJEC either😭😭
I'm on this exam board for as chemistry, biology and maths. (I do realise this is a very late answer)For my resources I use the following:

-the exam board specific textbook
-snap revise videos on youtube-for biology : amoeba sisters (youtube)
-maths: lots of past paer questions
-for biology and chemistry: bangor revision notes, they are WJEC specific and completely free

If you have any other resources please share and I hope i've been helpful :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I completed my WJEC A Level in 2018, so not too long ago. I achieved an A*

My best advice:
- Complete as many past paper questions as you possibly can - no amount of questions is too much. I even found questions from different boards as the content is often very similar
- Make notes throughout the whole year and not just when you start revising - you will have so much revision in the lead up to exams so the most you can do now the better
- If you don't understand something, ASK
- I made a lot of flashcards on Quizlet to test my knowledge. I learn best when I understand the whole topic, rather than just learning a process at face value so this might help you guys too
- When in the exam and stuck on a tricky question, ask yourself what part of the course are they testing? They are not going to ask a question on an area that is not in the syllabus. What knowledge are they trying to get you to write? How can you APPLY the content that you have learnt to the specific question?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by bellajames1999
I completed my WJEC A Level in 2018, so not too long ago. I achieved an A*

My best advice:
- Complete as many past paper questions as you possibly can - no amount of questions is too much. I even found questions from different boards as the content is often very similar
- Make notes throughout the whole year and not just when you start revising - you will have so much revision in the lead up to exams so the most you can do now the better
- If you don't understand something, ASK
- I made a lot of flashcards on Quizlet to test my knowledge. I learn best when I understand the whole topic, rather than just learning a process at face value so this might help you guys too
- When in the exam and stuck on a tricky question, ask yourself what part of the course are they testing? They are not going to ask a question on an area that is not in the syllabus. What knowledge are they trying to get you to right? How can you APPLY the content that you have learnt to the specific question?

Thank you !😁, definetely useful advice
Reply 6
Can you please share your quizlet?
Does anyone have a copy of the 2023 unit 3 biology paper and the mark scheme? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending