Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yes they make exams even more difficult than they already are lol
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Moved to mental health for you but i'm sorry to hear this. How would you say it most affects you in everyday life?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't have any questions, but if you need to chat, my PMs are open. I also suffer with CPTSD.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry OP :console: :hugs:

What does the C stand for?
Anonymous #1
It's okay! It stands for complex.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
I don't have any questions, but if you need to chat, my PMs are open. I also suffer with CPTSD.
Thank you! Same for you x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by furryface12)
Moved to mental health for you but i'm sorry to hear this. How would you say it most affects you in everyday life?
Thanks! It stops me from sleeping which is pretty annoying, I also have to avoid a lot of places so i have to take the long way home it also makes me really anxious to do things that are seen as normal for example asking questions in class
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks! It stops me from sleeping which is pretty annoying, I also have to avoid a lot of places so i have to take the long way home it also makes me really anxious to do things that are seen as normal for example asking questions in class
I can relate to the sleep one! Have you found anything that helps at all (with that or in general)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by furryface12; 1 month ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My boyfriend's dad suffers from PTSD (unsure if it's complex or not) and it saddens me to see how it affects him. I don't have any questions but I hope you're coping okay
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yes they make exams even more difficult than they already are lol
Why do you have it?
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much <33
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
My boyfriend's dad suffers from PTSD (unsure if it's complex or not) and it saddens me to see how it affects him. I don't have any questions but I hope you're coping okay
Anonymous #1
I was sexually assaulted
Why do you have it?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Almost spooky you made this thread today, really couldn't have come at a better time for me. Having suffered with various MH problems for years, today I was finally told by a psychiatrist instead of it being depression and anxiety it is in fact CPTSD I guess I don't really have any question specifically it's just good to know I'm not alone- having a hard time processing it and coping with it all... not sure how having an answer even makes me feel ahah
sorry i don't know if that even makes sense and sorry to hijack bringing the mood of the post right down
Anonymous #1
Don’t apologise! You’re so strong - PTSD is hard, it gets better though I promise. As cliche as it sounds everything will work itself out in the end.
Almost spooky you made this thread today, really couldn't have come at a better time for me. Having suffered with various MH problems for years, today I was finally told by a psychiatrist instead of it being depression and anxiety it is in fact CPTSD I guess I don't really have any question specifically it's just good to know I'm not alone- having a hard time processing it and coping with it all... not sure how having an answer even makes me feel ahah
sorry i don't know if that even makes sense and sorry to hijack bringing the mood of the post right down
Anonymous #1
Listening to music before bed and weighted blankets!
I can relate to the sleep one! Have you found anything that helps at all (with that or in general)
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Listening to music before bed and weighted blankets!
My mum is making me a weighted blanket at the minute! We were talking about how expensive they were and she looked up how to do it. I'm so excited
Anonymous #1
they are SO overpriced it's ridiculous, they're really helpful - i hope it benefits you!
My mum is making me a weighted blanket at the minute! We were talking about how expensive they were and she looked up how to do it. I'm so excited
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
do you have any tips for dealing with visual and emotional flashbacks? Or nightmares?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:wavey:

How difficult (or easy!) was it for you to get a diagnosis, and how do you feel about having a diagnosis of CPTSD?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
:wavey:

How difficult (or easy!) was it for you to get a diagnosis, and how do you feel about having a diagnosis of CPTSD?
Sorry for the late reply but it was ridiculously difficult to get a diagnosis and it took me Years to be able to do so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads