The Student Room Group

Should I go into clearing?

I have applied to the University of Law, and I really enjoyed it there and the atmosphere. My dad thinks I should go into clearing to try and get into a Russell Group University. Will not going to a Russell Group impact my success as a lawyer?
RG or not does not matter in terms of employability. Your core qualities will determine if you get a TC.

General idea is that UG law at ULaw is a bit weird; ULaw is primarily a PG place. Therefore, you don't get the same social mix as you would at a full uni.

Also the teaching staff are drawn from practitioners, so the academic rigour and teaching tend to be not as good as most RGs.
Original post by NLatham3743
I have applied to the University of Law, and I really enjoyed it there and the atmosphere. My dad thinks I should go into clearing to try and get into a Russell Group University. Will not going to a Russell Group impact my success as a lawyer?

I wouldn't say that not going to RG will impact upon your future success as a lawyer, but the University of Law is an unusual choice for undergraduate Law since they won't offer the same facilities/social life as a normal uni. If I were you, I would have a look on UCAS at the unis still advertising places with vacancies in Law, so see what other options could be available. There is nothing wrong with phoning a few Admissions offices to make enquiries, and doing some research now won't commit you to anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending