emilyjadeh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently working in construction working towards a HNC which I'm due to complete in January. However I really want to move into early years childcare/teaching and ready to take the leap! However I have no idea where to start! I have some experience working with children but not in a nursery/school setting. How do I get a job in a school/nursery? Are there any part time courses in childcare? Can my construction HNC count towards anything?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emilyjadeh)
I'm currently working in construction working towards a HNC which I'm due to complete in January. However I really want to move into early years childcare/teaching and ready to take the leap! However I have no idea where to start! I have some experience working with children but not in a nursery/school setting. How do I get a job in a school/nursery? Are there any part time courses in childcare? Can my construction HNC count towards anything?
If you want to teach, you'll need a degree- if you're mostly interested in early years/primary, you can do this as an undergrad degree.

Alternatively, you can often find work as a TA without being qualified, and then take qualifications whilst working- the pay is quite low, though and don't forget it's pro-rata'd for the holidays.

If you're more interested in early years, I think a lot of people use the CACHE qualifications, which you can find out more about here:
https://www.cache.org.uk/our-qualifi...-qualification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads