john_iqbal786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so I am currently in first year on my course and have decided to start another course at another uni from first year again. However, I will be completing my current year of uni. I have a couple of queries regarding this. First of all, do I just reapply as a continuing student or would I have to make a new application as a new student? Also, when applying, I will be putting down the uni I intend to go to next september, will SFE contact my current uni regarding this? ( I am worried my current uni may receive this info and withdraw me prematurely). Is it OK for me to send off my SFE application while still attending my current uni? I have not firmed any unis I've applied to yet either so will be putting down one of them on the application which may change. When would I have to tell my current uni I am withdrawing? My exams finish at the start of June and I only want to leave once the year is officially finished and not before. As well as that, I assumed if I completed my first year of uni instead of dropping out midway, then I would not have to repay any maintenance loan from SFE, but have being seeing online that the loan covers from sept to sept so I will still have to repay some even though I have finished the year. Is this true? Any advice would be appreciated
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by john_iqbal786)
Hi, so I am currently in first year on my course and have decided to start another course at another uni from first year again. However, I will be completing my current year of uni. I have a couple of queries regarding this. First of all, do I just reapply as a continuing student or would I have to make a new application as a new student? Also, when applying, I will be putting down the uni I intend to go to next september, will SFE contact my current uni regarding this? ( I am worried my current uni may receive this info and withdraw me prematurely). Is it OK for me to send off my SFE application while still attending my current uni? I have not firmed any unis I've applied to yet either so will be putting down one of them on the application which may change. When would I have to tell my current uni I am withdrawing? My exams finish at the start of June and I only want to leave once the year is officially finished and not before. As well as that, I assumed if I completed my first year of uni instead of dropping out midway, then I would not have to repay any maintenance loan from SFE, but have being seeing online that the loan covers from sept to sept so I will still have to repay some even though I have finished the year. Is this true? Any advice would be appreciated
Hi there,

If you are going to withdraw from your current course and begin as a new student then yes you will need t complete a new student application. If the new university accept you as a transfer student then you can complete a continuing application.

We will not contact your current university with regards to what you have put on your application. Yes you can complete the application while attending your current one. If your current university confirm to us that you have left there may be a slight over payment depending on the dates you leave the course.

Thanks, Erin
john_iqbal786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just to clarify, is my new university allowed to accept me as a transfer. Also if my current uni inform you that I have left the course BUT completed the year would you count the summer months where students are back at home as overpaid months? Thank you
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

If you are going to withdraw from your current course and begin as a new student then yes you will need t complete a new student application. If the new university accept you as a transfer student then you can complete a continuing application.

We will not contact your current university with regards to what you have put on your application. Yes you can complete the application while attending your current one. If your current university confirm to us that you have left there may be a slight over payment depending on the dates you leave the course.

Thanks, Erin
Duncan SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by john_iqbal786)
Just to clarify, is my new university allowed to accept me as a transfer. Also if my current uni inform you that I have left the course BUT completed the year would you count the summer months where students are back at home as overpaid months? Thank you
Hi John,

You'd need to speak to your university to see if they would take you on as transfer. In regards to the overpaid months, if your university send us a withdrawal saying you left the course say in June, then the rest of the academic year would class as overpaid.

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.82%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.16%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.57%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.12%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.96%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.38%

Watched Threads