Have you ever felt 100% confident walking into an exam?

Watch
Gradebaker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m curious to know if anyone ever feels that they have definitely done sufficient revision for an exam, and walks in feeling confident that they’ll get the grade they’re aiming for? I’ve sat quite a few exams in my life and never felt overly confident, though this hasn’t necessarily meant I’ve done badly. If you’ve been confident, has it gone better?
username3118454
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah back in GCSE days :moon:
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, for my PhD viva. I knew that, at that moment, I was the subject-expert in the room, and that felt great.
IrrationalRoot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've always been overly nervous for most of my exams but one exception was my A2 maths exams which were a joke. So that was fun.
Bluejewel01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Never. When I get overconfident I am more likely to make mistakes so I always go in level-headed.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I felt super-confident going into my performance exam at A2 music (OCR). The performance standard required is Grade 6 generally on one's instrument (or at least it was, back in "the day" :shakecane: ), and I was playing diploma-level pieces, and I knew I played them well :musicus:
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Never. At GCSE I knew I would pass everything but afterwards no!

Also getting an E in Chemistry at AS will forever knock me down a notch and getting a D in Biology and having to be that A2 student who also sits in AS Biology classes to retake it was kinda embarrassing. :laugh:

I am glad after tomorrow's exam I will never have to sit in another exam., until I do my CIPS. My postgraduate is luckily coursework only.
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 2 years ago
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
On the rare occasions where I do feel confident, I tend to do the worst.
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes and i failed it
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gradebaker)
I’m curious to know if anyone ever feels that they have definitely done sufficient revision for an exam, and walks in feeling confident that they’ll get the grade they’re aiming for? I’ve sat quite a few exams in my life and never felt overly confident, though this hasn’t necessarily meant I’ve done badly. If you’ve been confident, has it gone better?
I always go into an exam with some lack of confidence, even if I have prepared well. There was one exam that I felt more confident with but this ended up being the worst grade of them all!
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, but only the one.
I was really confident with my A-level Law exam. The exam was split into two papers, and I managed to score 96/100 on the first. So I was pretty freakin' happy.

Everything else, I'm a nervous wreck for.
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you ever feel 100% confident for an exam then you're doing something wrong.
xAikx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GCSE Maths I went in pretty confident with no doubts and came out with an A* Slightly feeling the same currently going into my maths and further maths exams
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was so confident for GCSE maths that I took the day off revision before each exam, but since then never. If anything my pre-exam panic has just been getting worse and worse each exam season :afraid:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
17.09%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (37)
31.62%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.26%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.11%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.27%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
23.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.71%

Watched Threads