The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, I guess we do.

It's never really worried me though. It's there for our own safety and all that.
Reply 2
The only ones who should be worried are the wrongdoers :biggrin:
Reply 3
Spider
Yes, I guess we do.

It's never really worried me though. It's there for our own safety and all that.

Really? So governments do this for the good of the citizenry? Sure.
Reply 4
"Those who Exhange Security for Liberty, deserve niether Security nor Liberty"

Benj. Franklin
Reply 5
Adhsur
The only ones who should be worried are the wrongdoers :biggrin:

I agree. If you don't give the government a reason to watch you, then they won't watch you.
Reply 6
Moncal
If you don't give the government a reason to watch you, then they won't watch you.

What about when you are watched and you aren't doing anything wrong? With the introduction of ID cards, CCTV in all places, etc etc, this is increasingly common, and an invasion of privacy.
Reply 7
Acombfosho
"Those who Exhange Security for Liberty, deserve niether Security nor Liberty"

Benj. Franklin

Totally agree. You have to compromise one to ensure the other;you can't have it both ways!
Reply 8
Well in a few years all over 18's will have ID cards with a chip in them. The Govt can track you when you go to places like airports, University etc.
Thats a lot of watching us if you ask me.
Reply 9
Anyone see THE POWER OF NIGHTMARES? Its made me realise alot of things, that series will go down in history. I think the future is great now, I have no fear.

This society is playing on your fears, this generation is all about fear, because thats all we are motivated by.

This is because we as a majority have it good right now, better than ever, life is easywe've had it drilled into us bout how bad was is in all the past generations. In the current climate its only the notion of losing this status which makes people take a stand, which gets them motivated.

Where as before for the previous generations, they had it much worse than us living standards wise, alot of bad ******** went on within society unpunished,
and in that period all it took to get people motivated, was politicians playing on the hopes of the people, and the promise of a better future

now since we've got it good, all they need to do is play on our fears, and promise to ensure our safety from this "threat", which is self created and self maintained and still almost completely non existant - where are the Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan? Where are the Al-Qaeda in Iraq? Where the ********** are they!!

Its sad but its true

There was 3000 people killed in WTC, and it was a deplorable act

But since WTC attacks there's been nothing and in the three years since 9/11 in the states theres been about 18,000 murders a year over social problems. Where are the priorities? If we die a spectacular death does it make the frequency of the act irrelevant? A true government should be there to take care of social problems and stop deaths relating to these problems from becoming a possibility, cut out the causes! Out fundin schools and hospitals etc...
not go off on a crusade against a fictional army of radicals..

they're only radical because they believe in something, everyone else doesnt believe in anyting

its all good though, all this is due to the paranoia on our parts, the leaders see they can manipulate this to their ends. As soon as we stop being paranoid, they lose the power. If we educate people on the facts, then they lose thier power..

They know this too, thats why they haven't told any of us

Brilliant program
Reply 10
lessthanthree
of course we do. I went to buy some concert tickets the other day and I think the only information about me and my family that didn't come up on the database screen was my bra size.

it was in the private section :smile:
Reply 11
Nikki J S
Totally agree. You have to compromise one to ensure the other;you can't have it both ways!

That quote is supposed to read, "Those who Exhange a little Security for a little Liberty, loose both and deserve niether."

The whole point of it was to show that you CANT compromise one for the other.

Latest

Trending

Trending