The Student Room Group

My friend copied my work and submitted it as their own

Okay so I have a presentation due on friday which we were meant to upload onto Blackboard today which I did. My friend was in an accident so he couldnt . He was really panicking and just asked if he could see mine, hes my mate so I thought yh calm have a look cuz he was really stuck on the structure. He showed me his presentation and I realised it was soooooo similar to mine the design, some even word for word.

I blame my self because I shouldnt of given it but I was trying to be helpful he was really panicking.

Anyway the thing is the submission was through blackboard not turnit in there was no plagerism checker not that I seen, could the uni have a hidden one?
He was able to submit a second upload which was different to mine and he emailed the lecturer to say the first attempt was a mistake

Im screwed right? i worked so damn hard aswell
Reply 1
Amateur mistake
Get better friends
best believe i cut him off
Original post by Illusination
Get better friends
I have a feeling they'll definitely find out, even if it isn't plagiarism, you could get in trouble for collusion, which is just as serious.
Original post by MidgetFever
I have a feeling they'll definitely find out, even if it isn't plagiarism, you could get in trouble for collusion, which is just as serious.

even if he resubmitted?
Original post by tillyteewee
even if he resubmitted?

Can't say for sure, but they may have the copy that he previously submitted.
I'm not entirely sure how it works for each uni, but I know my uni has the previous copies.
Original post by MidgetFever
Can't say for sure, but they may have the copy that he previously submitted.
I'm not entirely sure how it works for each uni, but I know my uni has the previous copies.

erh yh mine do too ill just have to face it
Original post by tillyteewee
Okay so I have a presentation due on friday which we were meant to upload onto Blackboard today which I did. My friend was in an accident so he couldnt . He was really panicking and just asked if he could see mine, hes my mate so I thought yh calm have a look cuz he was really stuck on the structure. He showed me his presentation and I realised it was soooooo similar to mine the design, some even word for word.

I blame my self because I shouldnt of given it but I was trying to be helpful he was really panicking.

Anyway the thing is the submission was through blackboard not turnit in there was no plagerism checker not that I seen, could the uni have a hidden one?
He was able to submit a second upload which was different to mine and he emailed the lecturer to say the first attempt was a mistake

Im screwed right? i worked so damn hard aswell

It depends how different his new version is, and whether your university stores older drafts (as opposed to overwriting them with the newer version).

If it's a presentation you're doing, your friend was silly to think that copying you wouldn't be obvious when you present your work to the class (where at least a few people would notice the blatant similarities). Good thing he has changed it now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending