The Student Room Group

Do guys honestly focus on looks as much as people say?

Okay so I’m a 16 year old female, and as I was raised I was brought up with the idea of attractive females being full in boob and arse.

Now this idea is now obviously like bloody magnified with insta and snap to like mad levels it’s kinda ridiculous but I’m honestly wondering do guys actually focus on these things as much as everyone puts forward?

I’ve been in a long term relationship for the last 2 years and like obviously I’m still pretty young tbh so I haven’t had any experience *dating* other than that and haven’t had to like ‘worry’ about if my arse is big enough or if my tits look too small because like?? It feels weird to be sexualising everything at this young age ykno?

Anyway, my questions are

Guys/lgbt members:

Do you base how big an arse or tits are when finding someone to be with?
If someone has a good personality but has no curves would you still date them?
Would you prefer someone you didn’t like but had big tits and or an arse to someone you kinda liked?

Girls:

Do you worry that perhaps you don’t fit what people ‘expect’ you to be?
Would you undergo any implant modifications to fit into what people say is the ideal woman?

I completely understand obviously what people find is attractive but there is an obvious like general concept of what people find attractive? I mean for example Kylie Jenner, Ariana Grande ect ect
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I’m a 16 year old female, and as I was raised I was brought up with the idea of attractive females being full in boob and arse.

Now this idea is now obviously like bloody magnified with insta and snap to like mad levels it’s kinda ridiculous but I’m honestly wondering do guys actually focus on these things as much as everyone puts forward?

I’ve been in a long term relationship for the last 2 years and like obviously I’m still pretty young tbh so I haven’t had any experience *dating* other than that and haven’t had to like ‘worry’ about if my arse is big enough or if my tits look too small because like?? It feels weird to be sexualising everything at this young age ykno?

Anyway, my questions are

Guys/lgbt members:

Do you base how big an arse or tits are when finding someone to be with?
If someone has a good personality but has no curves would you still date them?
Would you prefer someone you didn’t like but had big tits and or an arse to someone you kinda liked?

Girls:

Do you worry that perhaps you don’t fit what people ‘expect’ you to be?
Would you undergo any implant modifications to fit into what people say is the ideal woman?

I completely understand obviously what people find is attractive but there is an obvious like general concept of what people find attractive? I mean for example Kylie Jenner, Ariana Grande ect ect

No there isnt a general concept of what is attractive even if the media try to fool us/ you into thinking for example, that only white thin girls are attractive. Look around at all the people who are married: there is no particular type that is more attractive overall. Some like dsrker, lighter ,big, small,. Yes, some guys dont like big boobs or big arses, some like small firm ones! some like small perky breasts. some like large ones, some like droopy ones. The answer is : be yourself because the person who is right for you will be glad!
Reply 2
Yes, men focus a lot on looks.

But... there are a lot of people who aren't into a substantial chest and an arse the size of Belgium. I'm not entirely sure how that came to be regarded as some sort of 'ideal', because most people regarded as 'attractive' in the celebrity world don't fit it and men don't seem to be in agreement...

I suspect it's come about because the modern, socially acceptable thing to do is to dismiss slim bodies as 'unobtainable' and that makes it difficult for anyone to get away with idealising them. Instead, it's become the done thing in recent years to celebrate curves. Rather bizarrely, the Kim Kardashian-style curvy bodies - huge chest, tiny waist, huge arse - landed in the 'OK to idealise' category, despite being far less obtainable than slim bodies. So they ended up receiving strong 'this is ideal' backing, probably because they're so rare, at least as far as the unrealistic world of social media is concerned...

Reality is, there isn't an ideal. Men, and women into women, like all kinds, just like they did 15 years ago when celebrity magazines poked fun at women whose backsides had got bigger than a tangerine. Looks are important, but preferences are far more varied than Instagram/the media would have us believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending