Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Do the assigned reading first!
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 10 months ago
shower, brush my teeth, eat breakfast

what are you studying that you need to prepare for?
fbacc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can you get the lecture notes/handouts ahead of time? Read through them. Skimming is better than nothing. Make some brief notes on questions you have or area you don't understand.

Getting your brain engaged on the material before the lecture will let you gain so much more from the lecture and also allow you to remember so much more.
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you prepare for lectures?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Do the assigned reading first!
This. You get so much more out of lectures when you do it. So many people don't bother because they'd rather not sit and read a 20-page article, but then are equally bored in the lecture because they have less grasp of the topic being discussed. You can also get useful further references from these for assignments.
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
We recommend doing the reading assigned for that lecture to help you completely understand and contribute to conversation or debate!

At Chichester we pride ourselves on knowing all of our students by name, you're not a number to us. This means that if you're ever struggling or need help preparing for a lecture/assignment, our lecturers have an open door policy for their students to pop in and see them at any point to help. They're even quick to respond to an email if you have any questions!
How do you prepare for lectures?
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I often like to have some of the module essay questions written in front of me when I'm in a lecture, so that when I'm making notes I know that they're going to be immediately useful and I can apply them straight away to what the lecture is on.

For an exam based course you could do this with some practice questions in front of you perhaps?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads