The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

I only have two years of allowance to complete a degree in the UK.. What do I do now?

Dear Sir/Madam

Prior to reading my email, I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly read through my email thoroughly and give me a sincere advice.

Long story short, I currently have 2 years left in the time limit for studying in the UK at degree level (the 5 year cap for the overseas students).

I started studying in the UK in year 6 and I finished GCSEs and A Levels prior to finishing a Foundation Year at the University of Kent in 2016. After that, I spent two years doing Year 1 (first year) at King’s College London for BSc in Mathematics with Management and Finance. As a result, I spent 3 years out of the 5 year time limit for overseas students for studies at degree level or above. I got exited from King's College London for not having submitted the mitigating circumstances form for the lower back injury I had in November 2017 and still currently under pain from.

I had several offers from universities in clearing but all universities refused to issue me a CAS due to not having enough time limit left for studying in the UK at degree level to complete a full time 3 year degree at a university.

After getting exited from King’s College London, I moved to the US to continue with my studies. I currently finished a spring term for major in Business at Marymount California University and I have now enrolled in Cornell University to study two modules(what they call ‘courses’ in America) in this summer term that are more relevant to the subject of my main interest, finance. The modules I will be studying this summer at the Cornell University are ILRST 2100 and MATH 1910 which are equivalent to Statistics I and Calculus II respectively.

Since I have only two years allowed to spend studying at degree level in the UK, I would like to know, whether I would be eligible to transfer in for second year entry via UCAS either normally or through clearing 2019, please.

I strongly believe BSc in Financial Mathematics is where my heart lies on and I am confident that I will enjoy learning and attending at the University of Surrey. I heard from many others how happy the students are about the University on the whole and I got to know that the University of Surrey is infamous for the quality facilities, resources and support.

Below are brief bullet points of my academic and extracurricular achievements.

Distinction(88% overall) in final grade for the Foundation Year at University of Kent in 2016

Overall band 7 in IELTS for obtaining 8.5, 6.5, 5.5 and 6.5 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking respectively.

5 GCSE grades at C or above (including A in both Mathematics and Further Mathematics and B in English as a Second Language) at King’s Ely International

Full 17 credits out of 17 credits attempted at Marymount California University for Attaining A,A-,B,B+ and A in Introduction to Business, Fundamentals of Speech, Freshman Seminar, College Comp I: Expository Writing and Calculus I respectively in Spring 2019.

Member of King’s College London Table Tennis 2nd Team (2017~2018)

Should you need any documents, please do feel free to let me know and I will endeavor my best to provide them all.

I have to say, having spent such a long time in the UK (around a decade) since year 6, words are never enough to express how fond I am of the times I had in the UK. I would be enormously grateful to be given an opportunity to make my return to the UK and make my graduation happen at the University of Surrey.

I greatly appreciate your kind time and attention, reading my long email.

I very much look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Jae Hun Lee
Reply 1
shouldn't this be aimed at someone at the universities email box and not posted on a forum?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Dear Sir/Madam

Prior to reading my email, I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly read through my email thoroughly and give me a sincere advice.

Long story short, I currently have 2 years left in the time limit for studying in the UK at degree level (the 5 year cap for the overseas students).

I started studying in the UK in year 6 and I finished GCSEs and A Levels prior to finishing a Foundation Year at the University of Kent in 2016. After that, I spent two years doing Year 1 (first year) at King’s College London for BSc in Mathematics with Management and Finance. As a result, I spent 3 years out of the 5 year time limit for overseas students for studies at degree level or above. I got exited from King's College London for not having submitted the mitigating circumstances form for the lower back injury I had in November 2017 and still currently under pain from.

I had several offers from universities in clearing but all universities refused to issue me a CAS due to not having enough time limit left for studying in the UK at degree level to complete a full time 3 year degree at a university.

After getting exited from King’s College London, I moved to the US to continue with my studies. I currently finished a spring term for major in Business at Marymount California University and I have now enrolled in Cornell University to study two modules(what they call ‘courses’ in America) in this summer term that are more relevant to the subject of my main interest, finance. The modules I will be studying this summer at the Cornell University are ILRST 2100 and MATH 1910 which are equivalent to Statistics I and Calculus II respectively.

Since I have only two years allowed to spend studying at degree level in the UK, I would like to know, whether I would be eligible to transfer in for second year entry via UCAS either normally or through clearing 2019, please.

I strongly believe BSc in Financial Mathematics is where my heart lies on and I am confident that I will enjoy learning and attending at the University of Surrey. I heard from many others how happy the students are about the University on the whole and I got to know that the University of Surrey is infamous for the quality facilities, resources and support.

Below are brief bullet points of my academic and extracurricular achievements.

Distinction(88% overall) in final grade for the Foundation Year at University of Kent in 2016

Overall band 7 in IELTS for obtaining 8.5, 6.5, 5.5 and 6.5 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking respectively.

5 GCSE grades at C or above (including A in both Mathematics and Further Mathematics and B in English as a Second Language) at King’s Ely International

Full 17 credits out of 17 credits attempted at Marymount California University for Attaining A,A-,B,B and A in Introduction to Business, Fundamentals of Speech, Freshman Seminar, College Comp I: Expository Writing and Calculus I respectively in Spring 2019.

Member of King’s College London Table Tennis 2nd Team (2017~2018)

Should you need any documents, please do feel free to let me know and I will endeavor my best to provide them all.

I have to say, having spent such a long time in the UK (around a decade) since year 6, words are never enough to express how fond I am of the times I had in the UK. I would be enormously grateful to be given an opportunity to make my return to the UK and make my graduation happen at the University of Surrey.

I greatly appreciate your kind time and attention, reading my long email.

I very much look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Jae Hun Lee

You need to email Brunel admissions team, not posting on a forum where all students can see. Brunel university will not see this!!! Please email [email protected] otherwise no one will respond to you!!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending