How to stop feeling inferior as a short dude Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
It's pretty common knowledge that women prefer tall men. I was talking to a girl today exactly about that. It's because tall men provide a sense of safety or protection, that a short guy would simply never be able to provide for a girl in the same way that a tall guy can. So obviously when it comes to dating it's hard not to feel that you're inadequate. So are there any ways of tackling this or is it just something you live with?
dasda
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do strength training
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dasda)
Do strength training
I do, it's just hard to put on muscle and I'll still look like I'm a 15 year old, just a bit wider.
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Find a girl who's short too, there are plenty short girls who like a guy their height!
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Loads of women like short men you just need to find them. Getting buff is good though too
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's pretty common knowledge that women prefer tall men. I was talking to a girl today exactly about that. It's because tall men provide a sense of safety or protection, that a short guy would simply never be able to provide for a girl in the same way that a tall guy can. So obviously when it comes to dating it's hard not to feel that you're inadequate. So are there any ways of tackling this or is it just something you live with?
Your confidence is how you feel.

Don't live like you need approval or validation from other people (girls or other men).

If people don't like you because of your height, **** them. Go meet someone else.

Don't change for other people, meet those who like you for being you.

I (as a boy) for one will not discriminate people for their height.

:goodluck:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Loads of women like short men you just need to find them. Getting buff is good though too
(Original post by London090)
Find a girl who's short too, there are plenty short girls who like a guy their height!
People always say that there's plenty of girls who like short guys but I've yet to find one, like where are they lol.
Anonymous #1
Success with women does depend on how other people view you, it depends on their approval of you. So if I'm trying to get into a relationship I definitely need approval from women. I don't get that approval and I stay single. So that impacts confidence because I'm failing. Also idk how to meet people who like me for being me, firstly I have a terrible personality and secondly I am terrible physically so it's kinda tough when someone likes your personality but thinks you're too short to date them.
(Original post by ecolier)
Your confidence is how you feel.

Don't live like you need approval or validation from other people (girls or other men).

If people don't like you because of your height, **** them. Go meet someone else.

Don't change for other people, meet those who like you for being you.

I (as a boy) for one will not discriminate people for their height.

:goodluck:
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Success with women does depend on how other people view you, it depends on their approval of you. So if I'm trying to get into a relationship I definitely need approval from women.
Not all women, you only need approval from one person (the one who's going to be your partner).

I don't get that approval and I stay single. So that impacts confidence because I'm failing. Also idk how to meet people who like me for being me, firstly I have a terrible personality and secondly I am terrible physically so it's kinda tough when someone likes your personality but thinks you're too short to date them.
Personality you can improve, if you know you don't have a good one that's already the first step to improving yourself.

I personally find that personality > body, but that's just me (straight man).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Not all women, you only need approval from one person (the one who's going to be your partner).

Personality you can improve, if you know you don't have a good one that's already the first step to improving yourself.

I personally find that personality > body, but that's just me (straight man).
I've known for years that my personality is sub par, I just don't know how to completely change who I am. How do you change your sense of humour, what you're passionate about, the way you make conversation, how shy or confident you feel?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
...How do you change your sense of humour, what you're passionate about, the way you make conversation, how shy or confident you feel?
Talk to more people, get to know new people - that's the only way. The best thing to improve yourself is to learn from others.

Once you are accepted into a (new) group of friends, your confidence will improve. Who knows they may even be able to introduce you to other people (including girls).
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Plenty online
People always say that there's plenty of girls who like short guys but I've yet to find one, like where are they lol.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
How big is your penis? I don't mind height as long as you're thick and long.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
How tall are you?
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Exaggerating much? your fetish is very uncommon.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
OP, you won't be as attractive as taller men. Move on.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just because you can’t find any doesn’t mean they aren’t out there
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Exaggerating much? your fetish is very uncommon.
HateSchx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Height don't matter when you be laying down with yo girl
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SchmuckOff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Wear high heels
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just because you can’t find any doesn’t mean they aren’t out there
dont get angry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise