The Student Room Group

How can people not believe in the Big Bang?

Whether you believe in God or not, there’s enough evidence that a Big Bang or some event happened which created the universe

Like you believe in the Big Bang

Scroll to see replies

Not another thread for this
Reply 2
Original post by Professional G
Whether you believe in God or not, there’s enough evidence that a Big Bang or some event happened which created the universe

Like you believe in the Big Bang

Most religious people believe in the big bang. I think all muslims and most christians do as far as I know. There is too much evidence to not believe in it.
each of their own, everyone has their own opinion and what's the problem to why someone wouldn't agree/support the Big Bang Theory?
Some people believe everything is everything is based on faith. They don't get that it takes a lot of effort to come up with scientific theories which are tested. I think they think it's the equivalent of a cosmologist saying "I have a theory..." and then just saying what's on his mind, because that's how it's done in religion.
Reply 5
Original post by ayyyy.x
each of their own, everyone has their own opinion and what's the problem to why someone wouldn't agree/support the Big Bang Theory?

If someone doesn't believe in it, they are very uneducated.
Original post by CoONA
If someone doesn't believe in it, they are very uneducated.

I don't believe in it but I had to do some research on it as it was part of one of my modules, so does that mean i am uneducated or I have knowledge of it but I chose not to believe in it?
Original post by CoONA
If you have knowledge of it but still not to choose it then you are naïve.

Is it me being naive or is it you who is close-minded about the wider perspective?
Reply 8
Original post by ayyyy.x
Is it me being naive or is it you who is close-minded about the wider perspective?

Is that how you think about flat-earthers then? Let's not rule out the dinosaur-shaped Earth either.
What I find odd is that when I say 'Who created God', theists tell me God has always been, and that He is too complex and our minds cannot comprehend it, so why can't you apply that reasoning to something that we do know, that we don't know how the universe came about because it is too complex for us to understand yet, that our minds simply cannot fathom given the way our foundations of knowledge are, why apply it to a belief when you can apply it to a fact.

That's what I find utterly confusing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by TheNamesBond.
What I find odd is that when I say 'Who created God', theists tell me God has always been, and that He is too complex and our minds cannot comprehend it, so why can't you apply that reasoning to something that we don't know, that we don't know how the universe came about because it is too complex for us to understand yet, that our minds simply cannot fathom given the way our foundations of knowledge are, why apply it to a belief when you can apply it to a fact.

That's what I find utterly confusing.

We need to accept that we can not know anything like that for certain. We never will. Humans are simply not good enough to go that far.
There are some people out there believing the earth is flat.

Why are you even surprised lmao
The only reason is that people are attached to their religion and I see nothing wrong with that. I can't see what reason people would give for not "believing" it, if not for religious reasons. There doesn't seem to be any negative evidence.
Original post by CoONA
We need to accept that we can not know anything like that for certain. We never will. Humans are simply not good enough to go that far.

We might, eventually, you can't definitively say we won't ever understand, but that really isn't the point, the point is that we don't know and we should accept that for now, instead of inventing a story and claiming it to be the answer.
Original post by CoONA
Most religious people believe in the big bang. I think all muslims and most christians do as far as I know. There is too much evidence to not believe in it.

well not really, religion is not based off of evidence whatsoever
Reply 16
Original post by Gent2324
well not really, religion is not based off of evidence whatsoever

My point is, the Qu'ran does not contradict the concept of the Big Bang. I've heard it actually mentions it. The quote is 21:30
Original post by CoONA
My point is, the Qu'ran does not contradict the concept of the Big Bang. I've heard it actually mentions it. The quote is 21:30

It's really up to interpretation. 71:19 seems to suggest that the Earth is flat.
Original post by CoONA

it doesnt, it literally says about the heaven and the earth being one united peace that is parted. you need to be seriously pedantic and desperate to link that statement to the big bang
Reply 19
Original post by _gcx
It's really up to interpretation. 71:19 seems to suggest that the Earth is flat.

Yes I agree, people interpret it differently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending