bastien_fr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,
What do you thing of the Land Economy Course in Cambridge ?
.ACS.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You may get a better response in the Cambridge University forum.

However, it is important to remember that Land Economy is not a pure economics degree. It is an interdisciplinary degree with elements of economics, law, environmental studies, human geography, urban planning, etc.

The full set of courses taken is available here: https://www.landecon.cam.ac.uk/Under...udy/prospectus

Is it a good course? Well, this depends entirely on your reasons for applying to study it in the first place.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bastien_fr)
Hi,
What do you thing of the Land Economy Course in Cambridge ?
I've moved your thread to the Cambridge forum, since the course is unique to them, but I've left a link in the Economics and PPE forum as well just in case some interested parties there wanted to check in to this thread

As .ACS. says, it's not purely an economics degree - in fact a lot of the "economic" aspects after first year seem to pertain more to economic policy issues, than actual economic theory. It also has some finance options, as well as those noted above by .ACS., which may or may not be of interest.

The department is involved in a variety of research initiatives, including some very conservation/sustainability focused ones (it's one of the contributing departments to the Cambridge Conservation Initiative as well as the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership), among the more expected aspects of land law, planning and real estate, and development studies. These themes are likely to be represented in various course options as well as in potential dissertation titles, so there a fair breadth of content to cater to a lot of interests, whether you're a die hard real estate venture capitalist or an conservation and sustainability focused environmentalist
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads