The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial medics pls answer

Hi,
I’ve got an offer to study medicine at Imperial. However I’ve been hearing from current students that the course and teaching style is changing for my year.
They are bring quite vague on the website and I’ve emailed and called the department many times but NO ONE replies back.
Does anyone have any idea of what is happening, specifically regarding teach methods / PBL

Thank you!!
you're really lucky that you got into imperial.. it's one of the 'best' medschools in the country reputation wise
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
you're really lucky that you got into imperial.. it's one of the 'best' medschools in the country reputation wise

Yeah I really didn’t think I would get in so I am very thankful. It’s just I really liked how they teach predominantly by lectures and only a little PBL. And I would be gutted if they were making major changes to that.
Wow well done for getting an offer What a levels do you take and what are your predicted grades ? I’m hoping to go to imperial
Original post by Jfueofkrnb
Yeah I really didn’t think I would get in so I am very thankful. It’s just I really liked how they teach predominantly by lectures and only a little PBL. And I would be gutted if they were making major changes to that.

a lot of medics dont like the pbl course structure.. can i ask why you prefer the traditional lecture course structure rather than pbl? isn't pbl more engaging and active?
Reply 5
I think for me the issue is that PBL is more self driven and relies on other team members to put in the effort too. I’m not saying that I don’t think the others will be good enough, it’s just I trust the lecturer, more than i trust myself or others, to give me the right information.
Also with the way I learn and revise, I think lectures will suit me better.
Reply 6
But I might be completely wrong about PBL so correct me if I am
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Wow well done for getting an offer What a levels do you take and what are your predicted grades ? I’m hoping to go to imperial

I take biology chemistry and maths (the classics haha) and my predicted grades are A*AA
What are you taking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending