The Student Room Group

Upset with University accommodation

I recently got my student accommodation offer back and I don’t know weather to accept it or not . I have anxiety so really worried about where I am staying as it wasn’t the place I wanted and what they selected for me was one of my bottom choices. I feel as though my university experience may be ruined and not being in a comfortable environment could make things worse .
Original post by Anonymous
I recently got my student accommodation offer back and I don’t know weather to accept it or not . I have anxiety so really worried about where I am staying as it wasn’t the place I wanted and what they selected for me was one of my bottom choices. I feel as though my university experience may be ruined and not being in a comfortable environment could make things worse .

Has this been diagnosed by your GP ? Are you taking medication or therapy?
If so talk to their disabilities team and maybe they can have a word with accommodation
Accommodation cant place everyone in their first choice.

There may be some scope as follows.
1. They may not have handed out all accommodation yet.
2. They may have a waiting list.
3. You might find someone to swap with.
4. You can go private.
5. You can withdraw and apply elsewhere or reapply next year.
6. Maybe find out more about the place you have been offered? It might not be as negative as you seem to think.
7. You need to be taking active steps to address your anxiety after the exams so you have a coping mechanism/ strategies. Uni will give you some bumps and you need to avoid it setting you off into a spiral.