Are bumps on noses unattractive ? (inclu. photo)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m an 18 y.o girl and I’m quite self conscious about my nose; as you can see I have a slight dip at the top of it, but then it levels out.

My mum has the same thing but none of my siblings do (3 of ! Ah genetics).

I’ve looked into filler but it’s £500 a pop (every 6-12 months !) and I know you should cherish your differences.

Do you think it is unattractive ?
Anonymous #1
file didn’t attach, sorry.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m an 18 y.o girl and I’m quite self conscious about my nose; as you can see I have a slight dip at the top of it, but then it levels out.

My mum has the same thing but none of my siblings do (3 of ! Ah genetics).

I’ve looked into filler but it’s £500 a pop (every 6-12 months !) and I know you should cherish your differences.

Do you think it is unattractive ?
if I'm honest I'm quite self conscious about my nose like secretly. I like the bottom bit but it's the bridge of mine sort of has a bump and dips and is not straight. it bugs me but I don't wanna give in to using fillers because it don't think it's the worst thing but it's TV and adverts which makes me think otherwise. its scary online because it changes how you perceive yourself. I've seen much worse noses than my own and mine isn't even that bad I know. but I subconsciously remember every now and then my nose could look a bit better. I personally am unable to see your picture but I doubt it's unattractive. I wouldn't waste money on filler and I'm the same age as you and I'm hoping that in a few years my nose changes shape. I also wear glasses which I'm highly self conscious of because I got them late when I was like 16. so I'm not used to seeing my face with glasses on and I think I look awful with glasses. but I can't wear contact so I find when I out makeup or anything on I look awful because my glasses ruin my look... sorry this probably isn't advice it's just me ranting my faults to you. none of my family have the same as me, they all have nice noses
Anonymous #1
no i totally agree ! I think we are our own worst critics, nobody spends as much time looking at yourself than you
I feel like I’m always comparing myself to others which is damaging; they say the first thing you look for in a person is the thing your most self conscious about and for me that is skin (acne) and nose, even though neither of which of mine are “bad”.

Media is damaging too, you never see people, particularly girls with roman/Jewish noses and many girls get nose jobs

I’m sure you look fine with glasses; I wear glasses too and I feel like they hide my bump There are more precious and pressing things than appearance; so keep your chin up and get out there
if I'm honest I'm quite self conscious about my nose like secretly. I like the bottom bit but it's the bridge of mine sort of has a bump and dips and is not straight. it bugs me but I don't wanna give in to using fillers because it don't think it's the worst thing but it's TV and adverts which makes me think otherwise. its scary online because it changes how you perceive yourself. I've seen much worse noses than my own and mine isn't even that bad I know. but I subconsciously remember every now and then my nose could look a bit better. I personally am unable to see your picture but I doubt it's unattractive. I wouldn't waste money on filler and I'm the same age as you and I'm hoping that in a few years my nose changes shape. I also wear glasses which I'm highly self conscious of because I got them late when I was like 16. so I'm not used to seeing my face with glasses on and I think I look awful with glasses. but I can't wear contact so I find when I out makeup or anything on I look awful because my glasses ruin my look... sorry this probably isn't advice it's just me ranting my faults to you. none of my family have the same as me, they all have nice noses
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
no i totally agree ! I think we are our own worst critics, nobody spends as much time looking at yourself than you
I feel like I’m always comparing myself to others which is damaging; they say the first thing you look for in a person is the thing your most self conscious about and for me that is skin (acne) and nose, even though neither of which of mine are “bad”.

Media is damaging too, you never see people, particularly girls with roman/Jewish noses and many girls get nose jobs

I’m sure you look fine with glasses; I wear glasses too and I feel like they hide my bump There are more precious and pressing things than appearance; so keep your chin up and get out there
aww I have an image and I know acne is the worst too. I probs seen pathetic pitti g my image up be sure to others I probs look like there in nothing wrong. no one comments on my nose either but whe. I looks in the mirror it's just one of the flaws I see. there's not a lot wrong with it but its what I see and I probably shouldn't be fussing anyway.

Attachment 824376
Anonymous #1
I can’t see your picture I don’t think it allows photos when anonymous is on !

Exactly, nobody has ever mentioned my nose aside from my mum but I can’t help but feel self conscious about it it’s funny because when I was 12 I was self conscious about my teeth; got them fixed, then I was self conscious about my skin; which is 80% better now and now my nose ! I guess it shows that we’re always looking for things to “improve”
aww I have an image and I know acne is the worst too. I probs seen pathetic pitti g my image up be sure to others I probs look like there in nothing wrong. no one comments on my nose either but whe. I looks in the mirror it's just one of the flaws I see. there's not a lot wrong with it but its what I see and I probably shouldn't be fussing anyway.

Attachment 824376
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I can’t see your picture I don’t think it allows photos when anonymous is on !

Exactly, nobody has ever mentioned my nose aside from my mum but I can’t help but feel self conscious about it it’s funny because when I was 12 I was self conscious about my teeth; got them fixed, then I was self conscious about my skin; which is 80% better now and now my nose ! I guess it shows that we’re always looking for things to “improve”
I'm quite self conscious about my weight, I'm like stick thin and Im 18 and weigh exact 7 stone. I never thought my weight was a prblem but theres this girl who comments on my weight all the time saying I need to put it on. and i know she is trying to compliment me because being skinny is seen as good but it makes me feel self conscious and these days I keep trying to eat more to it on weight more. I also became a little self conscious of my teeth. I thought they were perfect because they were straight and all I line with each other but this other girl told me my top teeth are overcrowding a little so now I look at them differently and feel like I should have got braces or something when truthfully I know I probs don't even need them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (150)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (450)
14.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (342)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (424)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (143)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (185)
6.06%
Loneliness (263)
8.61%
Financial worries (111)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (139)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.47%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (269)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (287)
9.4%

Watched Threads