Should I complain? Watch

up834547
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Okay so I have a really bad/lazy lecturer.

What happened was that we had our essays given out to us for a 'practise' run and he didn't mark it or give us direct feedback, but we were all given a band mark. I got 60-69 at first. He did the same thing another essay aswell but I initially submitted the one I got the 60-69 mark. He then tells us to give us a choice which one to submit and I submitted it and now he has marked it again he has bought me down to a 59. Which I am confused and I emailed him asking how my marks have changed and he said I didn't do enough to get into my 60s. It's so annoying because he is now giving me direct feedback saying I should have done 'xyz' but I didn't get that direct feedback or felt like that needed to change in the essay. I am just wondering how the same essay has gotten different marks? Is this a show of bad marking and if so how can I go to complain about it? Because he doesn't seem to think he is in the wrong.
Last edited by up834547; 3 weeks ago
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is the whole thing just a ''practice run'' or does it actually count for anything? If it doesn't count then I wouldn't worry about it - you got specific advice in the end. If it does count towards your degree then I would find someone in the department office to complain to - that you were given a 60-69 band mark at first but then your grade was lowered to a 59 when it actually counted.
up834547
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Is the whole thing just a ''practice run'' or does it actually count for anything? If it doesn't count then I wouldn't worry about it - you got specific advice in the end. If it does count towards your degree then I would find someone in the department office to complain to - that you were given a 60-69 band mark at first but then your grade was lowered to a 59 when it actually counted.
Yeah, it counted 20%. I want to complain and I should be I don't know if he would do anything because things like this aren't taken seriously at my uni.
I emailed him and he replied today saying that he just didn't feel like i was at the 60s. Which is completely fair but he should haven't have gave me the 60-69 band initially because I would have completely redone it or changed it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.91%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (97)
34.28%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.85%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.89%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
13.07%

Watched Threads