Do you ever wish you sat on the station side of the office? :holmes:
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Which was your favourite time when the CS broke something :holmes:
Well it wasn't a staff member… But the most memorable breakage for me was the time when the Model UN's newly elected chairman (or speaker or whatever) became CA and proceeded to completely wreck the forum, merging a ton of threads and generally making a complete mess. Had to restore the entire thing from our backup database, and ban the twit who went on a power trip. :banned:

(Original post by 8472)
Do you ever wish you sat on the station side of the office? :holmes:
Kinda yeah, it gets really warm and stuffy on our side of the office, the station side on the other hand is generally much nicer. And they have more plants and stuff.
jenhasdreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
but you'd have to sit next to the sales team, so swings and roundabouts :giggle:

(Original post by Dez)
Kinda yeah, it gets really warm and stuffy on our side of the office, the station side on the other hand is generally much nicer. And they have more plants and stuff.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dez)
It's been 7 years, 7 months and 7 days (coincidence? conspiracy?) since I joined TSR but today is my last day. Ask me whatever you like. :blah:
Don't leave meee!!!!! I will be desk buddyless who will irate endlessly with pointless nonsense and pizza demands!
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's looking like Dez's computer has decided to leave us too, just broken and given up :eek: haha
ShekinahM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you have to do??
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Dez
Rep:
?
(Original post by ShekinahM)
What do you have to do??
Right now, not a lot. :bebored: Just tidying stuff up and getting ready for leaving drinks later.
jenhasdreams
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dez)
Right now, not a lot. :bebored: Just tidying stuff up and getting ready for leaving drinks later.
Feel free to make a round of drinks if you’re bored
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jenhasdreams)
Feel free to make a round of drinks if you’re bored
I'll have a Margarita please the liquidy type and the circly type :P
Monkey Monkeyson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How many hot munges will you be doing on your last day, and will they involve dumping from production or ordering by RAND?
Dez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Monkey Monkeyson)
How many hot munges will you be doing on your last day, and will they involve dumping from production or ordering by RAND?
We can't all be mega-ultra-professional Magento2 developers like you unfortunately. :moon:
Alenko333
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
did they pay u lol
Dez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alenko333)
did they pay u lol
They did, although not as much as my new job will
Alenko333
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
wow lol nice, wut job is it for? Roughly how much are we talking ballpark that your new job will be paying you lol? hows ur last day feel, 7 years is quite some time.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What did you actually do in your job at TSR?
Dez
Rep:
?
wow lol nice, wut job is it for? Roughly how much are we talking ballpark that your new job will be paying you lol? hows ur last day feel, 7 years is quite some time.
My job is writing code, specifically for websites. I'll be moving from TSR to Eurogamer, the latter of which manage a number of magazine-based sites, plus events, job listings, and a few other projects. Money wise I'm contractually forbidden from saying what TSR pay me, but my new job will be near the £50k mark.
Alenko333
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
wow!!! 50k mark!!! I wish I was you tbh. u make me wanna quit doing a degree and do an intense course in coding lol. I wish I did what you did, and working from home with a 50k salary!!! aaaaaa how old are you btw?
(Original post by Dez)
My job is writing code, specifically for websites. I'll be moving from TSR to Eurogamer, the latter of which manage a number of magazine-based sites, plus events, job listings, and a few other projects. Money wise I'm contractually forbidden from saying what TSR pay me, but my new job will be near the £50k mark.
Dez
Rep:
?
(Original post by xDron3)
What did you actually do in your job at TSR?
My job is to make the website work. I've built tons of stuff for TSR over the years, pretty much any page you visit on this site will have something on it that's been authored or at least improved upon by me. I've also worked heavily on the system architecture that keeps TSR running, including things like data management, caching (saving data for quick access), and so on. It's a big job.
Enginerd.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck at your new job
Dez
Rep:
?
wow!!! 50k mark!!! I wish I was you tbh. u make me wanna quit doing a degree and do an intense course in coding lol. I wish I did what you did, and working from home with a 50k salary!!! aaaaaa how old are you btw?
I turned 31 two days ago. Getting old now which is kinda scary. Being a dev can definitely be lucrative if you have the right mind for it, though even a small amount of knowledge can still be very valuable - there's never really a shortage of people wanting to build websites.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (317)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.91%
It was TERRIBLE (167)
8.06%

Watched Threads